Knight Rider 1x15 - "Fly by Knight" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Feb 11, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Turbo Boost! [Excellent]

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Skid [Good]

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Oil Slick [Average]

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Convertible [Bad]

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Super Pursuit Mode [Terrible]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. drasche

drasche Captain Captain

Awesome, the show really gets better and better, I had a few good laugh, thanks to KITT, his humor, and Mustang mode. Now I wish they would go with a second season like that.

The bad guys with the kid gave a strong 80's vibe, just by looking at them.

I agree with you Trekker, the truck mode is unnecessary while the old mustang rocks. Attack mode is equally useless since we saw KITT go to the greater speeds without transforming (that episode with the private military camp comes to mind).

And both DEA agent and the mother were hot! Deanna needs to come back in bikini once in a while just to show who's the boss, if I may say so ;)

Voted good, borderline excellent :techman:

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think I know now where I've seen the mother.

Isn't she the mom on Zack and Cody?

3. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched the episode yet, but yes, the old KITT had 4x4 mode with traction spikes. Whoever came up with the "transformation" program should be shot. The chameleon ability, from the pilot movie is more realistic provided it's subtle changes (ie color, tinted windows and not growing foglights or rear spoilers).

Last week's episode, with the cage fighting veterans has KITT with a funny comeback, "I am not equipped with a "hoopty" program at this time".

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Increased height to avoid obstructions that could damage the mechanics of the car (wouldn't really aftect KITT, but KITT doesn't exist and would rip the hell out of the underside of a Mustang because of their low clearance).

If I recall correctly it was said in one of the early episodes that it helps to make KITT into essentially a mini jet engine and reach speeds that it can't reach in normal mode.

5. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could still only vote Average [Oil Slick], but I still think the show has improved considerably.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I should probably know better, but when Michael and KITT started talking about an "old school" disguise, for a split second I thought he might actually transform into the original KITT. :D

Oh well, maybe next time.

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought about that too at the time. :lol: Oh well...

Well, this retooling of the show looks good except on one point.
    They seem to be determined to keep the girls dressed from now on. Shame...

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought so too, but I don't think Ford would allow it. I was especially convinced because there seemed to be something in the air during those scenes that made it seem like the classic was coming. I should have anticipated a classic mustang though.

9. davejames

I wonder if it was intended as a homage to the KR2000 movie, or if was just a happy coincidence because of the new KITT being a Mustang...

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Her dance wasn't that good, but the whole idea was pretty nice. :techman: Now why were people covering their eyes?

No. I've seen her before too, but don't remember where and I'm too lazy to loook it up. Maybe later. :o

Transforming into classic KITT would have been a nice touch.

I missed the classic mustang bit. I'll probably download the episode just to see it.

As for KITT transforming into a truck just to handle those rough roads, there's another problem with that. His ability to transform would probably make him even more vulnerable to damage or a breakdown. All those moving parts woud not only make him less sturdy, but would also mean that more can go wrong.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Actress was Bellamy Young [IMDB Page]. Looks like she's been in various things I've likely seen her in. Boston Legal, X-Files, etc.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Thanks. Looks like I've seen her in a lot of stuff too.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I remember her from CSI Miami where she played the hot DA. ;)

Anyway, good ep, lots of fun. I loved the banter between Mike & KITT. :D

14. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it would become the TransAm as well! :lol:

This episode by far was one of the best. It has improved dramatically and the mom was a MILF! Menounous, though pretty, cannot act. But overall this was an excellent episode!

15. davejames

I thought Menounos was decent enough (or at least as good as the other so-called actors on this show, lol). In fact I kinda hope we see her character again.

16. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally watched it last night and rate it as good. It would have received an "Excellent" had the producers stuck with the original concept of the car having a chameleon mode and not this stupid transformation mode. If you watch/read the original interviews the producers clearly state that the car would ONLY be able to mimic a car of the same mass. I pickup truck, a Mustang, and a Ford Edge don't have the same mass.

The writing has improved greatly. I'm curious if the jabs at Knight Industries by the government people are actually the complaints we fans. Both Mike and Sarah state, "We've learned from our mistakes".