Blue Warp Nacelles?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by AlboOfBorg, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Pffffft; elitist. Oh wait; I have a sombrero. Never mind.

2. USSFiercemight

USSFiercemight Ensign Red Shirt

Yes! But this movie is sad to me because we have nobody we know. Why go back! We need to see Picard and Sisko and Janeway and Kirk! The real Kirk! Shatner!

3. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

welcome..USSFiercemight

since this is our fun thread you might get better response for your post it else where.
    maybe start a thread since i dont see one that covers all those characters.

though you might be interested in these two threads..

fans want to see tng cast

why not the tng cast?

but as i said above this is our fun thread.
    welcome to sombrero verse.

:)

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that people don't actually have been talking about the colour of the Warp Nacelles for 1000+ posts and people won't boycott the movie if Abrams refuses to make sombreros part of the uniforms?!??

5. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

nah we wont cricle his enclave with pitch forks as long as a sombrero appears some place..

:p

we have some sensibility..

hmm frankenstein .. sombrero..

6. Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Cloud Festus: What that, Cloud William?
    Cloud William: Cloud Swarles ask to borrow copy of "Multi-Quoting for Dummies" again. Damn book is heavy!

7. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Probably a good suggestion, pookha.

USSFiercemight...about 60 pages ago, this thread went off topic and has been going more and more off-topic ever since.

If you have something you seriously want to discuss about Trek XI, you might want to pick one of the other threads in the forum.

Except for the SHOUTING SPOCK thread. Might not wanna pick that one either. ;) :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

8. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

^^Shouting Spock thread?? Could you possibly post a link to that one.... I can use all the comedy I can get.

9. Swarles Barkley

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, definitely.

....*gulp* Dammit.

In my defense, I think my avie would not be helped by sombrerofication. But I might change my mind....

:D

11. Swarles Barkley

I feel a deep, abiding pity for those poor lost souls. They know not what they are missing! Sombrero = Joy!!!

12. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Due to present circumstances, I'm sans capability to submit to sombreroification. As soon as the situation permits, I shall don said head gear and sport with pride.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Textual sombrero. :D

14. stonester1

Gracias!

[..-..]

15. PKTrekGirl

:mad:

Well, I think it's a given that Apollo could kick McDreamy's ass. Unless Apollo was called upon to perform brain surgery. :p I mean, not all ass-kicking in this world is physical, after all. Certainly all you nerdboys around here understand THAT! :lol:

I disagree about Baltar though. Baltar is the biggest wuss on BSG....and might even be the biggest wuss in all of scifi. McDreamy can actually throw a decent punch. Just ask Mark Sloan. ;)
    Jesus...I can't BELIEVE I am actually writing a post defending characters on Grey's Anatomy. I must be alot more of a girly-girl than I suspected! :guffaw:

Nevertheless, Patrick Dempsey is still hot. :D And is certainly worthy of sombrerofication.

16. stonester1

Baltar is a physical coward, but like most of the very complex characters on BSG, you see a glimmer of grit every now and then. Only a glimmer, but you know, under the right impetus, there is a tiger lurking.

He's just buried under mounds of jellyfish.

17. Swarles Barkley

He's a Nancy Boy.

And while I believe Bamber could probably kick some ass in real life, I doubt Dempsey could perform brain surgery in the real world.

So there!! :p

18. PKTrekGirl

I must have missed the glimmer. Because really - I think Baltar is one of the most despicable characters in all of scifi. I mean, if you are gonna be a self-serving treasonous jerkwad, at least have the balls to not be a sniveling, cowardly, whiner about it. :lol:

Nah...I'm not seeing any tiger there. Shoot...the only time the guy is not cowering under a chair is when imaginary Six kicks his ass out from under there. :lol: The guy is henpecked by his own imagination! :lol:

No...Dempsey cannot perform brain surgery in the real world. He's too busy driving race cars. :lol:

Don't make me start a Free Sombrerofied Patrick Dempsey Campaign! :mad:

:lol:

19. stonester1

That's just it, he's not a traitor. This isn't the Baltar of the original series. He never intentionally betrayed the colonies. He just was all about himself and covering his ass when he found out how badly he screwed up. On New Caprica, as Lee pointed out, what was he to do?

Moments of a glimmer of chutzpah...

1. Pegasus, his dealing with the guards and Thorn and caring for Gina showed a bit of spine.

2. On New Caprica, his momentary resistance of the Cylon's execution plan.

There are others like. Like I said, not a massive display of bravery, but there are glimpses that something lurks.

And yes, he is despicable, self centered, a physical coward and one who doesn't think of the consequences of actions except how they will affect him (usually).

But, as with most of the characters of BSG, that doesn't tell all the tale. If it did, this show wouldn't be responsible of some of the most multilayered, complex and facinating characters in all of science fiction.

This includes Gaius Baltar.

:)

20. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How did we end up on Battlestar Galatica? :wtf:

Dammit, I want sombreros. Or a Blue Warp Nacelle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.