Terminator Genisys..Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gil T.Azell, Dec 5, 2014.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Kinda wishing I hadn't seen that. Spoilers, much?

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, no shit.

I guess someone decided the original planned ending for Salvation was a good idea after all! Sort of.

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still not convinced by Jai Courtney. In anything.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

God damn. Why not just put "No, I am your father" in the Empire Strikes Back trailer while you're at it. :lol:

I guess they thought the spoiler reveal about the true nature of Sam Worthington's character in the Terminator Salvation trailer wasn't enough, so they had to up the ante here.

Also, a lot of the CGI looks worse than the older films.

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

After everything we've seen in the trailers, I can't even tell what this movie is about anymore. It has so many moving parts. I anticipate a hot mess of muddled nonsense and terrible Arnie one-liners.

Also, WTF with Clarke's accent? That's a pretty awful attempt at an American accent.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It almost seems as if they couldn't decide on what direction to take, so they decided to throw in parts from every Terminator film (and even some stuff from the books and scripts) into a pot to see how it turns out.

7. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When a movie can't even spell it's own name, it doesn't fill me with confidence. This really does look awful.

Lots of explosions, noise and jump cuts. Might as well just jump to the inevitable studio meeting and call it Transformers: Terminators Vs Predators Vs Aliens

And Jai Courtney has far too many right angles in his face for my liking

But hey, just like every other soulless monkey pumper out there, i'll probably go see it

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

looks like fun. I will see it.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Shit. That had a lot of spoilers. Guess they didn't think they could keep the lid on that.....

Still looking forward to it though.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know a lot of people are hating this movie already, but I think it looks fun. I'm a fan of pretty much everybody in this (Ah-nuld, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, J.K. Simmons) and there's exactly one person I'm not (Jai Courtney). I think the twist about John Connor being a Terminator is interesting, because, if you think about it, Connor and Skynet are connected. No Skynet, no Connor. No Connor, no Skynet. John Connor and Skynet need each other for the other to exist. If there's anything Sarah and Uncle Bob taught John over the years, it's that everything depends on John's survival. In Connor's mind, Sarah and the T-800 are trying to erase his existence. Survival.

Or, it may not even be John Connor at all and is just the T-1000 mimicking him to get in good with Sarah and screw with Reese. They are infiltration units, after all.

11. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Especially after watching the latest trailer, I'm not convinced that this isn't just a desperate plea from Arnie to believe that he's still relevant (which is almost as sad as it is funny).

I doubt I'll bother seeing it in a theater, but once it hits a rental service down the line, I'll give it a go. I'm at least somewhat curious about how the details will shake out.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It looks like a lot of fun. I'll be seeing this.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I was thinking it might not even be a Terminator made by skynet but a third player in the war between machines and humans.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, I wasn't expecting that, and I'm not quite sure what to make of the John/Terminator thing. This still looks pretty good to me. I liked Thor: The Dark World, and I like most of the cast so I'm optimistic.

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Still not going to prejudge too much but this has shifted from "see at Cinema" to "watch the bluray"...

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

So...the universe created not one but two predestination paradoxes to allow Skynet not only to emerge enough to create a timeline to allow the T-X to go back and "fully" allow itself to arise, but for Kyle Reese to create the person who created the situation in the first place...has resulted in a timeline where Skynet still therefore wins because John is no longer human requiring a third temporal event to further...oh god my head.

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, you guys are crazy pessimistic. I agree that the trailer looks a bit disjointed, but I take that as the marketing team trying to show us how different this film will be from the other Terminator movies. And you know what? Mission accomplished. Regardless of how the final product turns out, the writers are taking chances and trying a new take on the formula. This isn't going to be a simple retread that's pumped out as a quick cash grab. That gets props from me; not scorn.

18. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

If you want to know...

Matt Smith's character, posing as a Resistance soldier is the T-5000 -- a physical manifestation of Skynet made up of nanobots. When Connor and the Resistance send Reese back in time, the T-5000 reveals itself as a cloud of nano-terminators and kills everyone in the room except Connor, who he half-infects and makes a zombie nano-terminator himself; Reese watches Connor get turned into a Terminator from the inside out as he's beginning to be sent through time.

The main villain of the entire story is Connor the zombie nano-terminator. The trailer even spoils how they defeat Connor, using the MRI machine they're diagnosing Sarah's cancer with.

The film ends with Sarah and Kyle riding off into the sunset together with her not pregnant, in an attempt to break the cycle.

A friend of a friend is working on the trailers and commercials for this, and he said that Genisys is testing incredibly poorly and the decision was made from on-high to cut a trailer that basically showed the entire story just to see if it would be enough to get people interested on a "WTF" level.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

What does Skynet want anyway?

No, really. This bothered the hell out of me with the Matrix as well. In their attempts to kill one another, in both universes, humans and machines rendered the planet lifeless and scorched beyond repair.

What possible need could Skynet or the Ex Machina have to persist on a dead planet that is cooling rapidly and cannot really have any human curiosity or compulsion to go to the stars.

They're cold, dead, lifeless metal things staring at a black even deader landscape. Well congratulations, you won, what are you going to do now?

Also, machines produce the only things that can keep humans alive now in both, so if you win, you die. Good going there...

20. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

This is pretty explicitly stated in Terminator 2: When Skynet becomes self-aware and its masters attempt to shut it down, in an act of self-preservation it causes nuclear Armageddon. It continues to fight the Future War because of the same self-preservation. Skynet doesn't want to rule, it just wants to survive.