Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

All the heart felt protest letters in the world would amount to nothing more than another numerical statistic shuffled across Iger's desk in the course of a typical business day.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who thinks its a little premature to react to RUMORS, I'll get mad about it when and IF I hear a confirmation.

3. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Assassin" was Sing's last appearance. Zero hired her to kill Padmé, but after she was captured by Padmé and Ahsoka, she ended up in prison. "Hunt for Ziro" was a Cad Bane episode.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It would be a pretty annoying disappointment to have spent this much time with Cad Bane during the course of the series' run and get no closure to his story. I wouldn't mind if he just sees the writing on the wall, disappears into the background of the galaxy and is never heard from again, but I'd certainly like to know what happens to the guy. Something. Anything.

He's been one of the most important of all the secondary characters and I think he deserves a little better than "oh, well. The series is over. Use your imaginations or wait for some future book or graphic novel."

5. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well no Clone Wars news coming from Dark Horse. Color me disappointed. This deal is getting worse all the time.

6. cooleddie74

It's starting to look as if Disney wants to move past and bury as much of the 2008-13 Clone Wars continuity as possible as it tries to blaze its own trail with the greater Star Wars franchise. I hope not. I really hope they're not planning on that. That would be like pretending that the last five years' worth of adventures and story arcs never happened, and sorry....that's not gonna fly. I'd advise against it, Big Ears.

7. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see what you did there.

8. ryan123450

:rofl:

Always subtle. That's me.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^

That sounds incredibly awesome.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Disney locking the franchise in its infamous Vault?
    See the link for a quote from their source.

This is a great idea. Very much looking forward to it.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

They're gonna put it in the vault?! I thought they were going to flood the market with product! Well, I guess that's in 3-4 years...

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Us old-timers have endured franchise scarcity before, in the 80's and 90's.

Keeping in mind that the article at http://clubjade.net/?p=48647 is dated April 1, no new releases of DVD's, Blu-rays, etc. for the time being wouldn't hurt the long-term prospects of SW in any way, were it so.

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

15. cooleddie74

Never underestimate the wrath of a wronged Star Wars fan. We know Jedi mind tricks.

i.e. sending off a million angry letters and e-mails threatening to key a studio head's or producer's car.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's April Fool's Day so I'm taking a lot of news items like this with a truckload of salt until tomorrow.

17. cooleddie74

I tend to believe very little on April Fool's Day.

I still have trouble accepting that so many people were duped by the Facebook story that Shatner is going to play a Jedi in Episode VII. One of our own board members seems to have fallen for it, at least at first.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

As dumb as it makes me sound, I had honestly forgotten what the date was when I posted this morning. I suppose the quotes from the "source" should have been a pretty big clue, though.

For the first time in many years, I've fallen prey to an April Fool's joke.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So is there any solid word on how many episodes are left to show?

I listened to the Forcenet podcast and they said there was a Clovis arc and an Order 66 arc and an unfinished arc about Cad Bane. So that's, what, like 10 episodes?

20. ryan123450

Well if that rumor is to true, the unfinished Cad Bane arc will not be released. There would be 6 to 8 episodes if that is right. I'm hoping for more, but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed with any possible outcome. If they were planning on the show running for 3 more seasons, we won't be getting any big wrap up of Darth Maul, Ventress, Mother Talzin, Rex, or what would surely have been the further adventures of Ahsoka. Some of this will hopefully be touched on someday, especially Maul, but I'm sure we won't get the end of everyone's storylines like we would if the show had wrapped up according to it's own timetable.

But I'm still holding out hope for two theories: This rumor isn't true and we will get basically almost all of season 6. Or perhaps the Disney animators (now that the Lucasfilm animators have been disbanded) will complete the series properly beyond what was completed of season 6 when the show was cancelled.