Do you believe there is someone for every person?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ulva

Ulva Keeper of the Coffee Admiral

Of course.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

We were 16, knew each other from infancy, our parents were good friends. Her not being there was like the sun not coming out anymore, like gravity stopped working.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Definitely not. :bolian:

4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think this is how I also feel.
    Absolutely!
    Thanks, RJ!:techman:

Side note: I recently discovered my godson has always had a crush on me. He's 21, gay, and decided to tell me a few months ago. I've been letting him know that I think our love for each other is deeper than that... like families love each other! I really am too old for that.

5. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    A few years ago I was depressed, overweight, ugly, boring, stressed out and sad. I was in a horrible marriage that I couldn't walk away from, I had no relationship whatsoever with my two year old daughter, I was working two shitty jobs to pay for a house I couldn't afford, I literally did not have a single friend, and I had long-since given up on the notion that any of my dreams would ever come true. It was so bad that once became so angry that I started crying because I heard some strangers in a parking lot laughing. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they had something I would never again process- joy.

But you know what? My wife split, took the child, and left me with the house and three credit cards in my name that I didn't even know existed... and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Within a year I had lost the house to foreclosure and filed for bankruptcy and divorce. And I started at building a new life for myself- a real one this time. I lost 65 pounds, fought for time with my little girl and learned how to be a daddy, found an amazing woman via an online dating sight who happened to have loads of friends who are spectacular, nerdy people.

Today, I'm healthier, happier and more attractive than I've ever been in my life. I just got married (it was epic, Muppet themed affair and I wore a ridiculously tall top hat), I have an fantastic relationship with my little girl (who is the most hilarious person in the world), and as for those dreams I had given up on, I'm actually making real progress on those now. Life is actually fucking grand.

Back to the topic, I really don't know if there is someone for everyone. But I do know that life sometimes your life seems like it's over when it actually hasn't even started yet.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I haven't been on Facebook for a long time, but I remember the pics of you and your daughter. I'm glad you're so happy. I hope that I'm half as lucky as you someday!

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

*hugs Kelso*

I have no idea why I wanted to do that, I just did.

8. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I hate happy end in films, but in real life - I can take loads of them and it's never enough :)

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks for sharing, Kelso!

10. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's a fantastic story, Kelso, and I'm happy for you. I hope other people can take inspiration from it. :bolian:

12. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

That's fantastic to hear, Kelso :D *virtual five*

13. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think we could function if there was just one person for us. I think upbringing, intelligence, attractiveness, and opportunity is general. Why would are perfect soul mate be right next door to us in some cases? Because we are reflections of our community. I've only been in love once and it didn't work out. I am not really looking. If that person I love would walk up to me, I might consider going out with someone. But it's nothing I even want in my life. So I live in solitary happiness, available to have no master but my own desires. No one else to consider when I make a decision. So if she's out there and looking for me, I will be shut down to it. That wouldn't be fair to her. So I hope not.