Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always start my shift at 6 AM before most of my coworkers. So if I tried that, I'd get sussed out pretty quick...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  2. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Just hide the poison of your choice in someone else's bag and let them take the fall. :D

...and I thought keeping other people's books was teh evulz.... :p

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a trick to that. Take a Post-It and write their name on it, then stick it in the front page of the book, sticking out just slightly at the top. That way you can easily know "this is a borrowed book" and then open it to find who it belongs to. :techman:

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Unless one has a good number of books with stickies, tabs, etc.... I have a few myself

Not to mention it would be moot if the sticky is out of view (many stack their books, with the top of the book facing the back of the bookcase, etc)

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

We have an old saying in Delta House: don't get mad, get even.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

There actually is a soft drink called Moxie in the U.S, but it's pretty nasty. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

7. CommanderRaytas

The sticky notes thing might work, however I am prone to attach a lot of those to the books that belong to me, too...you know, to mark pages and passages that seem important, or that I'll need to remember for my research....

I should make lists. Seriously, people never ask for their stuff back, and from time to time I find myself on a different continent entirely, picking up a book and wondering "when the hell did I buy this one?" Sigh.

8. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Spooge. :)

I really am going to have to stop doing that...

9. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Would it help to use sticky notes with another color? Say, purple if it's borrowed from somebody else? And then you know right away, if it's purple, it's not yours. Green, yellow, pink, orange, and blue for your research/other stuff.

10. CommanderRaytas

I'm gonna have to try this.... I think that, at any given time, I've got at least 10 books that belong to other people in my possession.

Sorting it out by sticking purple notes on the ones I remember having borrowed might do the trick. Or maybe a colour I hate, like orange.

11. Gary7

^ Yeah, devote one specific stickie note color for the purpose. Also, you can use those short ones that work so well for bookmarks. Just make it so that if there's one on the first page in your color of choice, you know right away that it's a borrowed book.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yah I know, I've had it. The describing word comes from the product. I don't recall what it was like though.

13. CommanderRaytas

You know what? I'm gonna go buy multi-coloured sticky notes tomorrow and set myself to the task of sorting out my library this weekend. :techman:

It will require some hard thinking, as some books have been in my possession so long, I don't even remember borrowing them...

14. Owain Taggart

Quite medicinal, as it was in fact a tonic before it became a soft drink. Has this medicinal aftertaste to it due to the root they use. Definitely takes moxie to drink it ;)

15. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Many soft drinks started that way.

16. Owain Taggart

Yeah, so I've heard, which is really kind of interesting when you think about it. Many included cocaine in them, and Coca-Cola wasn't the only one. It shows how much has changed.

17. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Some of these are cracking me up! :lol:

I have neglected to let my mother know I know her forgotten FaceBook password. . .

18. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have two confessions:

1. When I log in to Trek BBS, I never wait to be redirected, I always click link to take me back to where I was.

2. I have 13 Michael Bolton songs on my phone.

19. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

^Why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks.

20. Gary7

Good to hear it! Good luck with the project. :bolian: Also, another thing you can do independent of choosing a specific color of the sticky note. Write a circled "B" with a marker for "borrowed" then beneath that, the name of the person. Put it on the front page, sticking up just a little so it's noticeable when looking at the book. :)