Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jan 29, 2009.

?

Grade Smallville#8-13: "Power"

1. SUPERMAN

4.5%
  2. Above Average

18.2%
  3. Clark Kent

27.3%
  4. Below Average

18.2%
  5. BIZARRO

31.8%
  1. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Actually, no. There are two others. Or at least there were at one point.

In the first season there was the main hang out which was another coffee shop whose name I cannot recall at the moment. But all the main characters hung out there, including Lex. It was where Lana had gotten her first job as a waitress and failed miserably on her first day. Another waitress was working there when that guy that turned young with kryptonite exposure came to kill her in revenge for her grandmother sending him to prison and ruining his career as a concert pianist.

It wasn't until late in season 1 or early season 2 that Lana convinced Lex to buy the Talon and reopen it as a coffee shop. Right after the Talon opened Lana mentioned there was yet another coffee shop in town that was in fierce competition with the Talon. After being prodded to fight back by Lex, Lana resorted to some dirty tactics (I think it was calling the heath dept. on them), saved the Talon and earned Lex's respect.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I've just looked again, at the very least it doesn't look like the Talon to me.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Don't worry Bale's going to chew her out for it later ;)

4. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Dude, I have been with this show from the very beginning, watched and recorded every episode in the process of roping as many of my friends into watching it as I could. Just as I did for Lois & Clark before it, and Superboy before that. Add into the mix that I am an old timer comic collector dating back to Amazing Spider-Man #100 (the old Marvel Tales filled in the blank of the 99 issues that preceded it), and a major continuity hound. If there is anyone on this forum whose word you could take for it, I would say it should be mine.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ He's right. There was a coffee shop prior to the Talon in season one. It was called The Beanery.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I didn't say I wasn't taking your word for it, I'm just saying that the coffee shop we see Chloe walk out of in this episode did not look like the Talon.

This apparent continuity error can only make sense if it that coffee shop isn't that very specific, small, independent local coffee shop.