Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Cassandra Cain in the LoA? Really? Her "evil" phase was almost universally hated and even DC, who loves to stick by their boneheaded decisions, back peddled furiously from it and explained it away as Cain being drugged after the fans completely freaked out on them. She's really not someone connected to LoA outside of that almost universally hated story arc, at least not as a member. Her mom, Lady Shiva, was a member though. I don't think we'll ever see her in live action, but if we do I don't think even Arrow, with its lack of caring about the comics, would use an evil, assassin version of CC. I could see Lady Shiva, talia and other better known evil characters, but not CC. It would be like introducing Nathanial Adam (aka Captain Atom) but have him show up as Monarch or having Dick Grayson show up as Renegade.

To be clear, I'm a huge fan of Cassandra. She's in my top 5 favorite DC characters. I just hope we never see her in Arrow, at least not like that. I could see her working in the show if done right, though. Introduce Shiva, then bring in Cassandra as someone hunting Shiva/the LoA, and it could work. You could even make it a BC/Lady Shiva/CC thing. But as much as I love Arrow, evil CC would be something that would make me stop watching. I'm just glad there is basically no chance of seeing her or someone with her name, because I doubt they'd use her right.

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

To be honest, I don't know her character well enough. But it looks like they're going for the League of Assassins angle when they mentioned Ra's al Ghul and that Canary was associated with him at some point. It's just one of those things that's a departure from comic book continuity.

3. kirk55555

I'd like to see the LoA. I don't think there is any chance of ever seeing Ra's, but we might get Talia. I'm sure we'll being seeing more of the organization, atleast, and it will probably be cool. I don't dislike the BC storyline, its pretty interesting (outside of BC's sidekick, obviously). While I'd much prefer a good BC, this will probably be a good storyline. Besides, we may get a heroic, on assassin BC some day. Either way, I'm still excited for Arrow every week.

4. Gryffindorian

Ra's should make an appearance. I mean, why bother to mention his name at all if he wasn't going to feature into the story eventually?

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

The only way he doesn't is if there ends up being embargo bullshit.

6. kirk55555

That's what I was thinking. I could see DC not letting him get used because of the movies. I'd love to see him, I'm just not going to be too surprised if we don't.

7. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Did they use League of Assassins or League of Shadows as the name of the organization in Arrow? I can't remember.

8. kirk55555

I'm pretty sure they called it the League of Assassins.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kept wondering if all of the references to Oliver thinking Sarah died was a possible set up for the Lazarus Pits. Last season the thought wouldn't have crossed my mind, but we know now that they will be bringing in more fantastical elements, so it's seems to me it's not totally out of the realm of possibility now.

Has Oliver ever dealt with the LoA in the comics?

10. CorporalClegg

They use "Assassins" on the web site.

11. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

It's also the name of tonight's episode.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Nice, the child of Rhas. Which means we probably wont see him but Talia at some point. Professor Ivo traveling around in Amazo also very cool. Love how the show is opening up the DC universe this season. Another very well written and acted episode. The ability of the writers to keep all the characters busy in every episode is really quite refreshing.

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

This season has been fantastic and League of Assassins is another strong entry.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Yes, and they're terrifying indeed.

Once again, they move the plot along. I look forward to seeing more flashbacks with Sara and how she became the Canary. I'm also thinking that Moira will get the death penalty and they'll have to deal with that.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ra's al Ghul has Lazarus pits.

Professor Ivo is obsessed with Immortality.

That's two fertile paths towards resurrection for Johnny.

16. Gryffindorian

That was a kick ass episode. Poor Detective Lance has to keep the secret about Sarah from Laurel in order to protect her. But is it really necessary? If Sarah already revealed herself to Lance, why stop there? The family would be no more vulnerable to the League of Assassins even if they knew about Sarah's former association with them.

Good introduction of Professor Ivo. I'd be curious to see what he wants with the prisoners.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ok, Detective Lance has seen that Sarah is BC. Sarah, who was lost at sea with Ollie. BC, who has been seen working with Arrow. Arrow and BC have both been seen in relation to Laurel, who dated Ollie. Arrow, who showed up to help against the assassins at the end. Who here didn't expect Lance to whip around in that final scene and say "so, Ollie...".

I am beginning to think Lance has some Lane ancestry.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"You didn't mind your surroundings"

Hoho I see what you did there. There one step away from Liam Neeson making a cameo

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

David Warner was literally a million times superior when he was Ra's Al Ghul in the early 1990s.

20. CorporalClegg

Great episode.

More great drops. The "mind your surroundings" gave me a joygasim.

Right around Summer. ;)

I'm about 92.836% certain Lance knows who the Arrow is.