Looking For Fun PS2 Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Amaris, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Colorful? Sad? Artsy Fartsy? I'm sold! I've bookmarked it on the trading site. It will require a number of trades on my part, but I'll try to get it.

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

LOL! I think you'll enjoy it, J. The music is great in the game as well. :). I will say though that the game is not exactly colorful...in visual terms. A lot of bleak, desert style and plainlands styled terrain. But overall it is a gorgeously artistic game. You'll love the Collossi. They are so uniquely made. :)

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Thanks! I think I will. Now to find a way to get someone to sell it to me cheap! I wonder if they'll take a used copy of Madden 2004. :ouch:

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Most of my 40+ PS2 game library is just Sonic, Need for Speed, FPS' or random franchise games. N4S Carbon is the best of the PS2 ones after Underground 1 and 2. If you have a PS3, Most Wanted 2012 is the best one of the franchise, to me at least.

But if you like the Worms! series try Worms Forts: Under Siege.

Destroy All Humans! 1 and 2 are fun, lots of puzzles, collecting, side missions as well as random destruction of humanity.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Random destruction of humanity, eh? I like the sound of that. Hmm... :devil:

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Just be ready for hours of tedious grinding to unlock over half the games :lol:

Or download the Kega emulator and play them all tonight.

Sonic Unleashed is very colourful and has a nice soundtrack, it's the Werehog half of it that really lets it down.

It's hard to recommend games when you said you don't like zombie/horror games, that's one of the PS2's strengths, I have tons of them.

Hmm, Star Trek: Shattered Universe?

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'm not worried. I have this!

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm just not a fan. I mean, I have Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X sitting right on the table next to me, and I just have no interest in playing them at all.

Eh, Star Trek Online fulfills all of my Trekkian pewpewpew needs. :lol:

10. martok2112

^ and the Destroy All Humans games are pretty funny too.
    The first game is set in the 50's, the second I think in the sixties, and the third might be the seventies. :)

11. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I looked up the game and it looks hilarious. I love tongue-in-cheek stuff. :lol:

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the voice acting and script of the games is a major part of it, and the lashings of gags and injokes in every level, and the period humour.

DAH is set in the late 1950's, DAH 2 in the mid 60's, Big Willy Unleashed (Wii only but is DAH 3) is in the late 60's.

Path of the Furon (PS3) is set in the early 70's, but it's nowhere near as good as the first 3. It was one of the very first PS3 games, it's rough, lazy and a lot less fun to play sadly.

DAH is built off of a cloned alien soldier named "Crypto" who spends the series speaking with a Jack Nicholson accent, cracking crass jokes and generally mouthing off to his boss while shooting up the place.

Whats not to love. Also, you really do get to go on a rampage with an anal probe gun.

13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Sold. :lol:

14. martok2112

Yeah, there were a couple of times in DAH where I nearly laughed myself into a choking fit. :)

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Look into the Dark Cloud series! It's nice and fun and a really good RPG. In the middle of playing 1 right now and I rented 2 before and got pretty far in it. Love the both of them and I'm glad I could find them again. Well worth the buy :).

some info about Dark Cloud

some info about Dark Cloud 2

16. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'll be sure to check those out, too, RS. :D

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I may be late but I'd definitely recommend, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. A "Grand Theft Auto"-style game set in North Korea. Where the goal is to capture the Deck of 52.

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out, too. Splashdown came in the mail today, and I've been grinning like an idiot. It is a lot of fun. I also have the Sonic Mega Collection coming, which seems to have just about every Sonic game ever, and THAT will be awesome (thanks Timby!).

I also have Neopets: The Darkest Faerie, which is geared more for younger players, but it's still fun, and of course I grabbed the Namco museum, which is Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Galaxian, Galaga, Pole Position, Dig Dug and a bunch more. I love classic games. :D

So no, you're not too late. I've been trading games like crazy, since you can trade any kind of game (PC, PS3, GC, Wii, N64, you name it), I've been shuffling my PC games out like crazy as well. It also turns out some of the games I have been trading have higher value than I thought, and that has worked toward me getting several games in return for one game. As of this post, I currently have 26 PS2 games, with 7 more expected, for a final total of 33 games. I have never owned 33 video games all at once in my life, yet here they are.

This is my current library:

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
    Destruction Derby Arenas
    ESPN X Games: Skateboarding
    Fantavision
    Ford Racing 3
    Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Hot Shots Golf Fore
    Hypersonic Xtreme
    Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
    Madden 2004
    Madden 2006
    Major League Baseball 2K6
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Midway Treasures Vol. II
    Namco Museum
    Nascar 08
    NCAA March Madness 2005
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
    Need for Speed: Underground 2
    Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Splashdown
    SSX 3
    Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    Strike Force Bowling

Games on the way (still in transit):

GTA Vice City
    Ghostbusters The Video Game
    Sonic Mega Collection Plus
    Mountain Bike Adrenaline
    Kingdom Hearts
    Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
    Destroy All Humans 2

You guys have suggested some excellent games. Right now, games like Klonoa, and Shadow of the Colossus are pricey on the site, in that it would take a number of trades to gain enough coin (their trading currency) to get either of them, but I still have them on my wish list, along with Dark Cloud, and Katamari Damacy. Now, I do say that I don't pay a penny, but that's not entirely accurate. When I trade a game, I do pay shipping, but in return, whatever game I get in return, I don't pay any shipping on that, so it all balances out. Counting shipping costs, I've paid about $12 for what will end up being 33 games. That's a damned good deal, IMO. Beats the hell out of Amazon, where a game for 1 penny still costs you at least $4!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  19. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

If you are looking for interesting RPGs i can't reccomend the Shadow Hearts Trilogy enough, a bit dark but quirky...

Shadow Hearts
    Shadow Hearts : From The New World
    Shadow Hearts Covenant

and a great platformer would be Vieuwtifull Joe 2

The Onimusha series is a great hack-n-slash series set in fuedal Japan filled with demons and stuff.

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I know what you mean J., my PS2 library (41) is the largest I've ever owned a the first to go over 40. My DS (26) and PS3 (32) are the second most.

It's really easy to buy tons of PS2 games if you shop in places like CEX over here. :D