DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Disillusioned, May 30, 2009.

1. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So that's it, is it? You think you can just walk into my life again after leaving me like that? You think that I could still love you after you left me with the likes of DevilEyes and flemm? Do you have any idea how boring they are?! :weep: They didn't even make a single ironic racist joke in all that time.

Well, I don't need you any more, JimmyBob! I found someone new, someone that wont just abandon me: BobbyJim. Maybe I don't feel as strongly for BobbyJim as I once did for you, but at least he's there for me, he supports me, he makes me feel special while you made me feel like dirt. And he likes to cuddle afterwards.

That or Godfrey, which is my real-world first name. (Probably not true.)

2. Jimmy Bob

Jimmy Bob Commander Red Shirt

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTFh8LCBZeQ[/YT]

I meant to get back to that much sooner. But currently caught up in some real life issues (school, finances, etc.). Just letting you know. I intend to get back to hanging out with you guys and discussing Garak again though.
    [​IMG]

3. ramonasno

ramonasno Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'll just put the same here as I did on the VOY topic :

Hi, new here, and been posting here and there since yesterday!

My name is actually really Ramona, and I'm 27, I study English and Music(singing) and I'm Dutch and live in Amsterdam!

I grew up with some episodes of TNG(my older brother likes it, and star wars....) and later on my sister suddenly started to buy these VOY tapes. Me and my little brother could watch the tapes after she already watched them on her own (you know how big sisters are...) and we got hooked. After seeing most of VOY I bought all the TOS, TNG, VOY and DS9 on VHS and the party started! Love Star Trek, am not good at little facts, and sure not in naming episodes...

4. ramonasno

ramonasno Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Ooh and JimmyBob, I'm black. Kindda. Biracial. Half black half white. Brownish :)

5. Listener4

Listener4 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

DS9 is my second favorite series behind TNG. I would love to see a DS9 movie. Or even another video game. The Fallen is in my opinion the best Star Trek game.

6. CapApril

CapApril Cadet Newbie

Re: Hello fellow Niners

I have heard rumors on and off about a DS9 movie - anything new?

7. Odo not Frodo

Odo not Frodo Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. Long time lurker here, first time poster. :)

8. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Pleased to meet you! Enjoy your stay. I love your user name.

9. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

DS9 is my favorite of all the Star Trek series, although I'm currently really enjoying TOS having bought all the DVDs just last week. Major Kira and Odo are the characters I like best from DS9.

10. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey,

I was long-time fan of TNG when DS9 came out. Now, DS9 is probably my second favorite series, though at times it edges out TNG during the Dominion War. The large scale space battles and Sisko's internal conflicts are what made me a fan. I think it was the moment that Sisko directly referenced Wolf 359 to Picard, I knew I was going to be a fan.

My favorite charaters are: Sisko and Worf.

My favorite episodes include: Way of the Warrior, Call to Arms, and In the Pale Moonlight.

11. MHT1138

MHT1138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm new to the forum, but an old fan of DS9! The best damn show ever! Go Niners!:techman:

12. Lrrr

Lrrr Ensign Red Shirt

Greetings! I'm currently watching the series for the first time. I've been a fan of the other shows for a long time but never made any effort to get into DS9. Until recently. After a recent marathon rewatch of Voyager, which I've always considered my favorite, it occurred to me how absurd it was that there was an entire seven-season ST show that I knew nothing about, other than it involved a space station of some sort.

So I decided to check out Emissary. Other than the painfully long "WHAT IS THIS" shtick with the prophets, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've been "Netflixing" my way through the series since. By the end of the first season, I was intrigued but not completely sold. By the end of the second season I was interested and with it. I was solidly hooked by the end of the third season. By the end of the fourth season, it seems I fell in love when I wasn't looking.

I find DS9 to be the richest, most interesting of the Trek series. Especially after spending so much time in the Delta quadrant with Voyager, DS9 is a great way to revel in the various species, events and political happenings of the Alpha quadrant. There have been some fascinating stories and interesting character development, and every season gets better and better. I'm genuinely excited to get into season five.

I finished the season four finale ten days ago and because of the holidays and a little bit of general slackishness on my part, the disc turn around has been slow. I've gotten used to watching two or more episodes every night. It's been ten days and I'm missing it hard. I'll receive the first disc of season five tomorrow. I can't wait. I'll likely watch all four episodes on the disc in one shot.

13. reversepolarity

reversepolarity Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Used to watch DS9 in the 90's, just re-discovered the brilliance of it all! Look forward to getting to know you all.

14. Cwj

Cwj Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone!
    A couple weeks ago I started watching DS9 from the beginning. Before that I had only seen maybe a dozen, random episodes ten or so years ago.
    Anyway I just finished season 2 ("The Jem'Hadar" being the last), and I'm really loving this show. I keep reading that it starts to get good after season 4, but I think the first 2 seasons were excellent.
    I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the show. It's quickly becoming my second favorite Trek series (TOS being #1).
    So, hello fellow DS9 fans :)

15. Iliana Malek

Iliana Malek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings, all! I've been a fan of Trek since the 80s, when I watched the new episodes of TNG as a little kid. :) DS9 is definitely my all-time favourite of the series, and I look forward to meeting other Niners!

16. Iliana Malek

Iliana Malek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sorry for the double post, computer had a hiccup.

17. Angus Dax

Angus Dax Ensign Newbie

Hello, DS9 forum members! My name's Angus Stone. My username obviously indicates which member of the main cast I liked the most... and it wasn't Ezri!

Despite the recent Battlestar Galactica remake, it is still my opinion that Deep Space Nine is the best space saga television has to offer. No other Trek series could hope to match the complex character interactions and large scale dramas that this series offered!

18. heavylids

heavylids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Greetings fellow Niners!

Deep Space Nine has been my favorite Star Trek series for many years. I think the cultural and social issues addressed throughout the series were groundbreaking even for Star Trek standards. There was a depth in the characters and story that I have never seen in any other sci-fi television show. Although I love all things Trek, DS9 in my opinion will always be the best the franchise had to offer.

19. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

Hi! I'm PikeFan ;)

DS9 was only cool for me when I was young because I loved Bashir. When I grew up I realized it was just as deep as TOS. and BAMF Sisko is the bast!

20. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Greetings to all of you; it seems we Niners have gotten pretty behind on the warm welcomes. Sorry 'bout that!