Some help picking a 3D program

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kail, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Hello, I make an online comic called Star Trek the animated series comics. I am trying to expand my creativity, so I downloaded a trial version of Manga studio 5 and found a section where you can manipulate a 3D model. Turning arms, lifting legs, changing camera angle, ect. But it's only an outline, like a little wooden drawing model, and I don't think you can create your own characters. What would be the easiest program that would let me create 3D characters of 2D drawings, so I can manipulate them and use them in my comics. I hope this makes sense, I know nothing about 3D modeling other than what I've seen here in this forum. I've seen Poser rendered people, but they look 3D, I need to keep a 2D classic cartoon look. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

Try Blender. Look up tutorials on youtube by cgboorman. Go through from start to finish and you'll learn everything you need to know including character creation and posing.

3. MGagen

MGagen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Thanks, I will check those out and let you know.

5. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Does anyone know if there are Star Trek characters out there already I could import to one of these programs to manipulate? Thanks again.