Just finished it [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by agent1138, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Dobian

Dobian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have just started season 3 of a complete run-through. I never watched this show in first run, the only episode I ever watched was the tribble episode because I wanted to see how they merged the characters into the TOS episode. I love this show, it is easily my favorite of all the Star Trek series. (I have watched TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise, but for some reason just skipped over DS9...what a mistake) It is the one series where there is a real focus - all the politics surrounding the Bajorans and Cardassians, plus the Dominion threat - not just traipsing around the galaxy running into the alien of the week. (although Voyager did have the main arc of "getting home", but it was still mostly very episodic) Having the action take place on a stationary space station is conducive to this. I think the cast is great, I like them all. but Odo, he's my favorite. Amazing character. I watch an episode a night, and look forward to the rest of the series.

2. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

What annoyed me most about Ezri is that they took episodes/time developing her character rather than focusing on the stories/characters they already had. There was so much going on with that show we didn't need new people to watch!

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm so jealous of you right now that you get to experience this show for the first time! Enjoy!

4. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure Odo is my favorite character, but Rene Auberjonois is a great actor--dare I say that he may be better than Patrick Stewart? Odo had great episodes, and Auberjonois was fantastic in each and every one. What I thought was amazing is how great other actors were next to him, because of the support he gave them.

5. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^so well said! Sorry for flooding this page with comments, but this thread rocks! :)

6. Bad Thoughts

It's hard not to be enthusiatic. Little by little, we Niners are winning!

7. Dobian

I also love Quark. I'm a Buffy fan, and having seen Armin Shimerman first in the thankless role of Principal Snyder, I was amazed at how he shines on DS9. He must have hated doing Buffy after being Quark on DS9, but it's a paycheck I guess.

8. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Shimerman's appearances on Buffy were at the same time as DS9 seasons six and seven, if I recall.

9. Bad Thoughts

That's hard to say. Shimerman always promotes all his work diligently and gleefully, and if he hate Buffy, he might never say. On the other hand, he was beloved by the cast and crew of Buffy, and he was only one of 2 or 3 non-regulars to be invited to series' wrap-up activities. If I guessed, I would say Shimerman loved his time on Buffy, though not as much as DS9.

10. Dobian

That's cool that they liked him so much on Buffy, he seems like a great guy in person.

11. Bad Thoughts

^Yes! Several actors, non-regulars, have noted that Shimerman was the most helpful performer with whom they ever worked. He actively engaged them, told them how everything would worked, gave them tips on how to work with the individual directors ... .

12. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

My first ever convention had Shimmerman and Nichols as guests and those two were the most entertaining, patient, and friendly convention guests I've ever seen. Just two great people who seemed to truly enjoy interacting with their fans and being on stage.

13. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Uh, no. Kira wouldn't be interested at ALL in dating someone she saw grow up, and it would also be extremely weird to be dating the son of a religious icon. It would also be too soon to be dating someone else after Odo went back to the link. I think it's more likely she'd be interested in a Bajoran rather than a human anyway.

I think you're misremembering how interested Jake was in older women. Yes, Mardah, but she was only about 4 years old than him. In Fascination, yes, but he was under external influence.

In that scene, Jake is thinking about his dad, and Kira is thinking about her friend (and C/O and Emissary), and possibly about how Jake is going to do without him. Both may be thinking as well about who's going to be a father figure for Kasidy's child.