TFAW says DVD/Blu-ray sooner than you think...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by DarkHorizon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

2. That would be fantastic. The 'release windows' seem kind of antiquated to begin with in this new media world. once theatrical run is over, just throw it everywhere, dvd, itunes, onDemand, xbox live, wherever, and make your money hand over fist.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

If that true that means I don't have to wait to get it yay!

Also I'd probably go for the two disk version.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's no way it'll be out THAT soon.

5. Pat

Pat Captain Captain

Not too likely IMHO; I'd say late October/early November.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That actually sounds plausible, given that they delayed the film a year to begin with. I'm sure that they used the time in part to ready the print for commercial distribution. That, and films are simply easier to transfer these days.

7. Hedbergian

Hedbergian Commodore Commodore

Blu rays are just too expensive, but if it's coming out in July, I'll pay the $40 they're asking. :)

8. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Commodore

The way I see it, they should have it out of DVD right after or even in the middle of the movie's run. I know many times, I went to the theater, liked the movie, and I would have immediately bought it. :) They should even put up racks of the DVD's by the exit doors, so you can buy it right there. :)

9. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

I hope the release isn't one of those "Prepare for Double Dip" type of release where the features are as follows.

Disc 1
    - Movie
    Disc 2
    - 10 min "Making of"
    - Music Video
    - Theatrical Trailer

Remember when 2-disc sets actually meant something back in the day? Look at Quantum of Solace and The Dark Knight. Those editions are more bare bones than the single disc edition of Big Trouble in Little China.

10. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

20th Century Fox almost tried to do that with "From Justin to Kelly" by releasing the DVD three weeks after the premier, but the theaters threatened t Boycott the film if that would be the case. So I don't think that will happen with Star Trek.

11. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I somehow doubt it wil be that early. Im guessing November/december, in time for Christmas. Its logical. :vulcan:

Star Trek is probably the only movie i will get on BluRay this year, its worth it due to the sheer scope of the thing. Dont even have a Blu Ray player yet, im getting that near the end of the year too. :lol:

:guffaw:

Yes, i do.

It was a better time when the money you spent out for the two disc actually meant you would get a load more than the single disc, nowadays, the crap they but on the disc can be easily put on a single, with enough space to spare for 'Interactive Menus':lol:

12. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

I highly doubt that. If they had let the film be farmed out for DVD production, it would've leaked.

According to Digital Bits, expect the DVD/BD release to be in October or November, around the time TOS Season 2 and the TNG films will be released on BD.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember when D.E.B.S. came out and the following Tuesday they already announced the DVD release date. But even for a movie that was in an out of theaters in a blink of an eye, it was still a three-month wait.

Surviving Christmas only took two months to DVD.

There's no way that would be the same wait time for a movie that will still be in theaters in July.

14. CaptainHawk1

CaptainHawk1 Commodore

+1

Expect a Christmas Season DVD/Blu Ray release and for the record if you haven't gone Blu Ray yet, now you got a reason (that and everything that' coming out in 2 weeks).

Not only that, these TFAW jokers are rapists. They put this bogus release date out to take advantage of all the Trek geeks who will impulsively pay right now $40 for an item that will be $25 at Wal Mart on its actual release date.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  15. btflash

btflash Captain Captain

i cant imagine that it would be released that early. after all, if it turns out to be a mega hit it might still be in theatres then.

16. CaptainHawk1

CaptainHawk1 Commodore

^ I really believe that this is a scam just to get a jump on the pre-order cash because they are the only ones offering a pre-order on it. The fact is that if there was a a 7/29 release date on this Amazon would already be taking pre-orders on it at at least 30% off list and I highly doubt the list on this will be $50 (more likely the list price is $39.99).

And that's exactly what they are expecting you to do. Don't fall for it.

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I sincerely doubt it'll be released on home video any earlier than Labor Day. Seriously. Putting it on DVD and BluRay that early would just eat into box office and drive the movie's performance down.

18. dave_R_treker

dave_R_treker Captain Captain

I just signed up at Amazon.com to be notified when it becomes avalible.

19. Hedbergian

Hedbergian Commodore Commodore

I don't buy anything pre-order for that very reason. Also, because I don't like the idea of them getting my money now for something that I'll get a half a year from now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I tend to agree. I realize this isn't etched in stone, but that would be really fantastic if it IS released in the summer and not at Thanksgiving.