Watchmen Trailer Online

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shivkala, Jul 17, 2008.

1. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

I'm honestly not trying to bash the film prematurely, but it looks "unreal" and not in a good way; I hate the green screen vibe. The Mars seen doesn't wow as it looks obviously CGI. Plus, I can't stand "slow mo" jump kick shots. It's a cinematic cliche of the highest order.

Just to add, on the good side it looks pretty damn faithful to the original graphic novel, at least thus far, and I'll give them props for that.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

**drools at the mouth**

Wow, think I just came in my pants. As a fan of the book, I have to say this looks fan-frakking-tastic
    [​IMG]

5. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't get the links to work now. Were we not supposed to see that?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they pulled the trailer now...I'm getting an Error 404 on the page.

7. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it only went down because the server was getting hammered to hell.

Dan and the doctor (especially) look better than they did in the book. Hope it all turns out great.

edit: I heart Rorschach

8. Admiral_Young

I will say that Ozymandis still looks fanastic! It seems like Zach Snyder has another hit on his hands next summer.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I should come back at midnight, PDT? ;)

10. Ethros

It's all over Youtube, so look on there if the above links won't work for you

Looks like 2009 will be another great year for BIG movie releases. With Star Trek, Wolverine, Transformers 2, Terminator 4... but after watching this trailer I'm easily most looking forward to this

11. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

How close to the source material are they staying? Has Alan Moore disowned this movie like he did with his other works?

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Here's a YouTube link, but watch it while you still can because they're pulling them.

13. T'Pers0n

T'Pers0n Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's strange. I guess it was actually taken down because it was posted early :confused:

There was an earlier script (which they dropped) that was really really out there. From what I've read, this is going to be pretty faithful to the book.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Moore doesn't believe that Watchmen is filmable, and I'd be inclined to agree with him. He's gone so far as to arrange that all royalties owed to him instead go to Dave Gibbons, the artist, and that his name not be officially associated with the film.

15. Ethros

I think he just wants nothing to do with Hollywood anymore, so has had no imput whatsoever on this, or will prob ever watch it however it turns out.
    And like V For Vendetta, his name won't be on the poster or credits

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The only film adaptation of his work that Moore has publicly endorsed is a fan production of his Doctor Who comic story, "Black Legacy."

Everything else, Moore has disowned.

17. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

Moore reportedly enjoyed one of his Superman stories adapted by the JLU cartoon.

18. Admiral_Young

I made a mistake I meant Dr. Manhanten not Ozymandis!!! Just saw the trailer and it does look outstanding! The visuals are fantastic, the costumes and CGI work look awesome. Can't wait to see this.

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks interesting. I'm probably the only person in this thread that knows zip about Watchmen, other than it's very well-regarded, so here's some common-schmoe perspective how others unfamiliar with it might react to this trailer:

1. Looks like a self-consciously hip "rock video" take on the uber-popular comic book movie genre.

2. That guy with the Batman costume is an obvious Batman ripoff. Typical Hollywood, just cashing in on what's popular.

3. "Graphic novel" gimmee a break, fancy name for a comic book. Self-important.

4. The biggest attractions for the general audience will be the familiar superhero element and the Zach Snyder connection.

For me, the fact that so many people like this story, and that an amazing range of interesting actors are in it (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Carla Gugino, Billy Crudup, Jackie Earl Hayley, Patrick Wilson, Matt Fewer) is more than enough to sell me on it. Actors of their caliber wouldn't sign on to some empty, brainless "comic book" movie. I'm really looking forward to this. :bolian:

20. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

I didn't think it was filmable until I saw those tremendously moving images.

Wow...real tears. Even if that's all we ever get it just adds to what we've already gotten.