Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What?

Not Deathstroke?

Were we fools to jump to conclusions or were the producers fools to not use Deathstroke?

Or is Bishop, or some other chesspiece going to turn out to be Slade Wilson?

2. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, it normally airs in Canada on Wednesdays as well, simulcast with the CW (plus or minus an hour depending on where you live). But since we luuuurve your politics so much, we let you guys report on that with your national channels, instead leaving us to show repeats of shows that would normally air that night. Someone subsequently had the idea of advancing Arrow one day, and probably caught some ratings increase as a result. The wife and I sure loved catching is a day early, as it allowed us to watch Lance et Compte live on Wednesday without unsmiling distraction from Oliver Queen. :)

Mark

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I suspect Deathstroke will appear again. We did not see him die in the flashbacks. We know we will see more of those. When Oliver was found Deathstroke's mask with an arrow through the eye hole was shown.

It appears they are setting him up for more. I would hope he is still alive in the present for a full episode about him. I do think the show is using comic characters to lure fans but not using them very well. Hopefully Deathsroke will appear again. But they used the publicity pictures and trailer to make it seem he was a huge part of the episode. Similar with Deadshot. I was not impressed with him. Other than the eye piece, that could have been any generic assassin who was quickly killed off.

4. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Maybe I am having a brain fart, but I thought it was always Wednesday in the US?

Anyway, Deathstroke's mask looked weird honestly. Though I am glad he is there. I hope that Laurel becomes Black Canary soon as well.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It is always on wednesdays in the US. Canada got it on tuesday this week.

6. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I don't know if this has been brought up yet. But with Diggle in the sidekick role, and with Ollie's sister as a possible would-be Speedy, could we see Diggle take on the Arsenal (grown-up Speedy's codename) role?

7. Guy Gardener

"Speedy" hasn't shown the slightest inclination that she could step up to the plate immediately as a street fighter or tech support... but if she suddenly got superpowers...

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would they give her powers when she doesn't have any in the comics? If anyone gets powers it pretty much has to be Laurel. As for no hint of a crime fighting future for Thea, I've been wondering if Oliver will decide to bring her into his crime fighting as a way to clean her up.

9. sojourner

I don't think he would put her in harm's way.

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Anyone else notice the physics defying ice cubes? Oh, silly prop master...

11. sojourner

ice cubes?

12. Professor Zoom

When Ollie is first brought into the camp, and the bad guy pours a glass of sparkling water, the ice cubes remain on the bottom of the glass.

Error? Or does Arrow take place in an Alternative Universe with different physical laws?

Obviously, the former. The ice cubes were probably plastic so they didn't melt and mess up continuity.

Though, I like the idea of the 2nd.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Couldn't they have just been wedged in there tight enough that they weren't able to float?

14. Guy Gardener

The ice cubes were mostly poison.

There was powerplay at.. Well, play.

15. Professor Zoom

Ice melts in liquid. And the sides of a glass are smooth (and I don't remember if the glass was straight or angled). I would think that pretty quickly whatever ice was "wedged" would be melted and the cubes would float to the top.

And doesn't ice under pressure melt a little? That's what happens under ice skates?

They were underwater for sometime. And it was like two of them.

They were plastic.

16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Are you really nitpicking *that* aspect of the show in stead of hyper accuracy in archery?

17. Professor Zoom

Nitpicking? I'm not slamming the show for using plastic ice cubes. It was a weird production thing I noticed, like seeing the mike boom in a shot.

As far as the hyper accuracy? I'm fine with it. I prefer my super heroes to be, you know, super.

So far, much to my surprise, I'm enjoying the hell out of this show.

18. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My theory is that 'Speedy' will die and Ollie will get a sidekick that he calls Speedy in her honour.

19. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I like that idea. Thea would be a useless sidekick as is.

20. Guy Gardener

What about a side kick for mum?

"Ollie, we are criminal masterminds. It's in our blood. I like my life, and if I have to murder, cheat and steal to keep, it, well I'm fine with that."