Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Dec 31, 2012.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I like my roommates, but I wish I could live alone.

2. thestrangequark

I have a brand new confession:

Sometimes I'll be alone in my room and find a half-melted bit of chocolate stuck to my arm from, like, an hour ago. And I'll lick it off.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ What's wrong with that? It's stuck to your own personal self, after all. You know where you've been...

4. thestrangequark

^I haven't showered since I took the train this morning, though.

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Listerine? [​IMG] :D

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I've always hated having roommates. Almost every time I had roommates, it ranged from being annoying and inconvenient to outright disaster. Going forward, I intend only to live with my children and people I'm having sex with. (No, those are not intersecting sets.)

7. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

From my experience in the Army, I don't think I could live with roomates either. I value my privacy way too much. In fact, I'm going to be moving very soon (new job), and would like to rent or purchase my own home instead of living in a complex. I live in a duplex right now, and it has been nothing but a pain.

8. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I'm fortunate to have never needed to live with roommates. When I attended an out-of-town university for a year I was relieved to be told I didn't get into residence, as all first-year students had to share a room. I'm the only daughter out of four children, so have always had my own room. My husband grew up at the other end of the spectrum, and always shared a bedroom with one to three brothers, so I had more adjusting to do than he did when we were first married. Seventeen years on I've gotten used to sharing a bedroom with him, though. ;)

9. thestrangequark

^My family once had 4 kids in a one bedroom apartment. My "room" was a mattress in a closet that I shared with my sister! By high school it was just me, my little sister, and my mom, though, in a house, so I got my own room at 13. I shared a room my freshman year of college, but moved to an apartment off campus after that and have had my own room, with several roommates, ever since. I don't think I'd be happy sharing a room these days!

I have three roommates, but it's a 4 bedroom/2 bath apartment. Unless one is wealthy, you can't really live on your own in NYC without roommates. At least not anywhere decent.

10. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    It's getting like that in London now. But I always thought sharing was fun anyway. Though I get some people find it hard.

11. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

London is stupidly expensive. We would barely be able to afford a one-bedroom flat in most parts of London, which would be a bit cramped with three teenagers.

The funny thing when my husband was growing up was that the four brothers sharing a room worked pretty well, but the two sisters sharing a room lead to so many screaming matches that the younger sister, who's still a trouble-maker 40 years on, was told to sleep in the lounge in order to keep the peace.

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

in random gas station restrooms between Albuquerque and Pensacola on the stall walls I have written about 183 chapters of erotic fiction.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:adore:

That's the best!

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^If you really wanted to mess with people, write some quantum physics equations on the restroom walls.

15. thestrangequark

^I drew a world line graph on the wall a bar restroom in lipstick once, when I was drunkenly trying to explain relativity to a friend who was high on e.

16. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I gotta ask, did you manage to explain it? :lol:

17. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I rather like the erotic facts you can read on restroom walls...

"For a good time call [number withheld]"

"[name withheld] has a big [name of external reproductive organ withheld]"

"[name withheld] and [name withheld] are [action withheld] in the alley every Wendesday night"

-And they tend to be brilliantly (if rather naïve) illustrated. [​IMG]

18. thestrangequark

I don't remember, and I doubt she remembers either!

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking of confessions: I did dial 867-5309 at least once, but Jenny never answered. :sigh:

20. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

When I was 10 or 11 years old, I tagged a car with spray painted on Goosey Night. Goosey Night is what we call the evening before Halloween in New Jersey. I have felt bad about it forever. I still think about how horrible it must have been for the owner.