What if the PTB had been paying attention?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Bry_Sinclair, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back then I never considered not watching/enjoying a Star Trek series - it was completly incomprehensible.

Enterprise managed the unthinkable and weaned me off, (in fact I think it changed the whole addictive nature of TV for me, so in part I am greatful) but truth is I've never enjoyed Star Trek as much since it soured the milk.

But there was a time where I worried if they'd try a similar trick with Enterprise - like add a hot 18-25 year old blonde - and wondered how strong my resolve would be. Back then it would have been enough, probably.

Season 4 did push Voyager up a gear, as much as Worf did for DS9.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Blalock apparently had (sometimes) blonde hair under the wig. But she was about 26 when starting the series, which can almost be over-the-hill in Hollywood.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They already had T'Pol as the babe, would've been pointless to add another for the sake of ratings.

I've always hated the short Vulcan wig she usually wore. We finally saw Blalock with her real hair in the Mirror universe episodes. I couldn't believe how much better she looked. They should have let her keep the long hair from the start!

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

She was blonde on Stargate.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I wasn't a regular viewer of Stargate, and haven't seen real television at all since 2006 (nor cable since 1995). But every out of character publicity or modeling shot I saw of Blalock during ENT's run, she looked blonde.

6. teacake

A few people have said this to me.

He just kind of looks like a high school jock to me. I can see him in one of those lettered sweaters.

And you know that's totally okay, appealing even (to me) but this is People.

On and by "okay" and "appealing" I'm talking about the physique part not the corset part. In case anyone was thinking that I want to see Chak in a corset for some special reason.

7. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

UPN suits probably liked Neelix more than Janeway anyway!

8. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

teacake, I see him in a kilt. Robbie's a McNeil, and there's red hair behind that strawberry blond coloring. :) If one looks at him, he's a tall, muscled guy.

9. teacake

I'll give you the kilt Jeri, that would definitely be a high point!