Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

As usual, I've opened up the Fantasy Baseball thread (and teams) as early as possible! Gotta get a jump start on obsessing over my teams!

Anyway, looking for 11 brave souls to sign up for the yearly TrekBBS Baseball league. Please send me a PM with your email address in it, and I'll send you the invite through ESPN. We used them last year, and I think it all went pretty well, plus for those of us in the Keeper League as well, it lets us control both teams through the same site...

Live draft date as been set up for Thursday, March 25th, 9pm EST. Of course, autodraft can pick just as badly as a human, so if you can't make it, that's ok too, I just ask that if you sign up, please try to keep up with the team...

As for the Keeper League, that's been reactivated too, with a draft date of Sunday, March 21st, 8:15pm EST. Keeper Selections lock on March 10th, so remember to select up to 6 keepers before that date...

And, as always, looking to make a trade or two before we get started. A 2-1 keeper trade that improves a spot for me, or my spare "keeper-worthy" guys for a draft pick. If you have any interest, shoot me a PM or just propose a trade on ESPN. :techman:

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm in, and I have a suggestion to make the yearly league more interesting. Be active. Make a trade, use the PM feature to talk about who you want to trade, and just have a good time. The last few years the league has been somewhat dead for lack of trades or just lack of people showing up for the Draft. If you're new and haven't done this before, welcome and sign up. All I ask is just be active when you can. You can post here, or post on the discussion portion on ESPN or whatever. I'm always willing to make trades (God knows I've done a few I regret but as Mark McGwire is fond of saying, "I'm not here to talk about the past") so hopefully this year can be a fun year, not that it wasn't the last few years because it was, but it can be an active year too.

3. Alpinemaps

Alpinemaps Commodore Commodore

I was part of the league last year, but I'm really going to have to bow out this year. I just don't have the time.

I've already had one trade offer! Geez! :)

So, if there's a way we can reassign my team to someone else, please do.

4. tomalak301

If you're talking about the year league, there is no reassigning teams. It's a fresh start for everyone.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sounds like he's talking about the Keeper League. Guess that means it's a first-come, first served chance to get into the exclusive TrekBBS Keeper League. First person to say they want it, and promise to keep up with the team...

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And the trade offer was from me, of course ;)

7. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just looking over my keeper league team. Thought I had my keepers all figured out, but now that Kendry Morales is no longer eligible at OF, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I'm interested in joining the yearly league as well (PM sent).

Looks like I won't be able to make the draft since I'll be in Guatemala the last week of March. Oh well, I have confidence in autopick.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Pegs and Captain Ice, I'll send the invites for the yearly league when i get home, stupid work internet has fantasy sites blocked :( Think that brings us to 5-6 so far for the yearly league, so keep the PMs coming if you want in, spots filling quickly!

Pegs, if you see anything on my roster you're interested in, let me know. I've got a few keeper-level players i can't keep, so if you want to upgrade a position with one of my guys, lemme know.

Still looking for fresh meat for the Keeper League as well. Gotta be someone up for the challenge, maybe a regular from the yearly league? It's taking over an established team rather than a fresh draft, so could be interesting!

9. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

You sure have a lot of studs on your team! I forgot how loaded your team was. I'm not seeing any trade potential there, though.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Invites sent, for those that requested them. That's 5, keep 'em coming!

And Pegs, yeah, not sure we match up real well, considering what I'd probably be keeping in your position. I've definitely got a few "extra" guys that would rank above 75 or so, and thus worth a keeper spot, just the positions I've got are basically duplicated by your guys. For the other 10 teams, though, I've got help available for you at Catcher (Posada, Wieters), OF (Lind, Hamilton, McClouth) or Closer (Broxton).

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Still at 5 out of 12 on spots for the Yearly (non-keeper) league, who else wants to give it a go?

Also, think we're still looking for an owner to replace Alpinemaps' Mappers in the Keeper League, so if there's someone looking for the bigtime, let us know and we'll hand it over to you so you can make Keeper decisions, think over pre-season trades, etc.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ok, got a 6th, so we're halfway there! Don't wait until the end, and then complain that you didn't know! :p

13. tomalak301

Is there anyone who even wants to try Fantasy Baseball? It's fun, and if you like Sports, why wouldn't you have a free ESPN account. Oh, and you'll probably beat me at least because I'm not all that good, but it's still fun and I've come to really respect and follow the game more as a whole than just the Bay Area teams.

Might I suggest this question both be asked in MISC, Scifi, and the Neutral Zone forums. We might get the amount of people we need that way, since people seem to be ignoring this thread in the Sports forum. Hate to not have a Trekbbs league this year, even though I do know people are busy with daily life. So am I, but following your team is really like 5 minutes or so out of your day, making sure you have the players who are actually playing in and working the waiver wire to improve your team. It's quite fun if you're a baseball fan.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

We're getting there. 7 spots filled, 5 to go. Who else wants to take a shot at the title?

15. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahh I see we need a new keeper league owner... Might have one friend who might be interested.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Still have 5 spots to fill for the yearly league, PM me your email address to get in! :)

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Any other takers? Draft is March 25th, a Thursday evening.

Keeper League draft is March 21st, if you were thinking about that last spot in that league. Keeper Selection deadline is the 15th, though, so really need to be onboard by then if you want to start with the guys you want...

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Still a few people short in the yearly Fantasy Baseball league. If anyone wants to play, let me know. Also, if anyone already IN the league has a friend that wants to join, shoot me their info and I'll send the invite. Not strictly a TrekBBS thing (although always offered here first), as I've got a friend at work that plays with us, and also played in the football league...

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Last call for the yearly Fantasy Baseball league! Still need 5 people to play (have 7/12), and the draft is next Thursday, so if we don't fill it by the end of the week, will probably kill that league. Not like I don't have 2 others :p

The Keeper League is going strong, though, and you've all lost to me already, the system just hasn't caught up yet ;)

20. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sent you a pm