Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, if this is a duplicate thread, but I couldn't find one that was already started. Remove or merge if necessary ;)

Saw the season premiere earlier.

So, the angels are still angels, if a bit weakened, except for Castiel who is fully human now.
    Half of them is confused but benevolent (one of them residing in Sam now), the other half out for blood for getting kicked out of heaven.

Nice seeing Bobby again, even if it wasn't really Bobby.

And we are back to the brothers having secrets with good intentions... oh well.

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I'm not convinced Ezekiel is benevolent. It looks as if the angels are each searching desperately for "strong" vessels (of which Castiel's body and Sam's body each qualify), and Ezekiel manipulated Dean and Sam in order to gain possession of such of a strong body. Ezekiel isn't healed enough to keep from being forced out, so he convinced Dean to keep quiet until he is healed enough to make the possession permanent.

It may also be that Ezekiel is working for Metatron and will use Sam's body to finish the trials. Though, I'm less keen on that idea.

Side note: did anybody else notice the creepy smile on Ezekiel's face when he took possession of Sam? I don't think I was imagining it.

As for Castiel: he's not fully human. He can still hear the angels in his head.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, at this point I don't think any of the Angels other than Cas should really be trusted 100%. I would not be surprised if Ezekiel has some kind of ulterior motive, either the one you talked about or a different one.
    I thought this was a good episode. I can't really think of any specific comments at this point, but I'm sure once others start to post more stuff will come to mind.

4. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Always good when Death makes an appearance on the show. Pretty solid opening although poor Crowley stuck in the trunk was a waste.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

This was a good set-up episode. I'm sad that we don't get to see more of Tamoh Penikett--he's gorgeous. The actor who plays Death is just awesome---it's always great to see him. I'm looking forward to seeing this all play out, although the whole Dean keeps a secret from Sam for his own good thing has pretty much been covered.

Still, I like the angels plotline; I think this could be interesting.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

What's the over/under on women that aren't evil or dead?

7. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

^ same as always...if she is a woman she is evil and must be destroyed!!! (unless, of course, she is a cute lesbian geek that is not seen as a "threat" to the overly excessive part of the fandom :))

I continue to watch. And I continue to hope. That is the most positive statement I can make right now. We'll see what the next few episodes bring.

8. Thestral

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love Charlie and this show, but marathoning whole seasons it starts to become obvious. :lol:

Solid opener, though I wish we were keeping Tahmoh Penikett around; the "something's wrong with Sam and Dean keeps it from him" has been done. Nice to see Bobby sort of and always love Death, though he seemed a bit... overly complementary of Sam for Death. :p

9. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I really hope he is, it would be sad if Castiel is the only decent Angel, of course the Winchesters can't meet too many because having an army of angel allies would make their job too easy but I want to see at least one, Ezekiel is weak so the writers have an excuse for him not using his powers to help all the time.

10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Balthazar?

11. Thestral

The guy who was buying people's souls and only became truly "good" right before he died? Granted he apparently stopped the soul-buying thing. Also Anna until the wri... err, Cas fucked that up.

Still, I really hope he is too.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt that we've seen the last of him. Sooner or later what Dean did to save Sam will come to light and Ezekiel will have to go somewhere else and then Penikett will be back.

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

If I had to guess, Ezekiel might have to face the trial of temptation when he get's strong enough to heal Sam and it's time to leave.

He might not want to, because Sam is the strongest vessel he could ever hope for (with the exception of maybe Dean himself).

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

My favorite part was Crowley being locked in the trunk for the whole episode. :rommie:

It was a pretty decent start to the season. I was kind of expecting the Angels to appear physically on Earth, rather than needing vessels, but that's no big deal. I just hope the whole season isn't about a gang war between the Angels. It will get pretty boring pretty fast without monsters.

And it was great to see Death and Bobby. I hope we haven't seen the last of either.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

400 feet tall with many faces, one of which is sometimes a lion?

If they are really five hundred feet tall, and their fingers are each 8 to 12 feet long... and their entire hand is the size of a minicooper...

Have you ever tried to fight someone with a toothpick?

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

They could always make him a morally-grey character. He could be stealing Sam's body with the intent of doing good for (other) humans.

Castiel is also a bit morally-grey. He took the body of a guy who was married with a kid, and it's not as if his other actions have always been good.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Enjoyable opener and I'm looking forward to this season's premise. Hopefully Castiel will be a full series regular again like he was in S5.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I wanted more Grace Phipps! Too bad she was a one off

I kind of liked the idea of her and Cas going off to see the grand canyon, and learning how to be independent, would have been an interesting storyline if there were other angels out there like that for reals, just looking for direction, and they kinda started a new group of angels

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She was excellent on the Nine Lives of Chloe King.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Did I misunderstand the "rules" for angelic possession that the show previously laid out, or did the current writers change them? Based on what happened with Castiel/Jimmy and then the whole bit about Heaven resurrecting Adam so that he could serve as Michael's vessel, I thought angels could only possess people of a specific bloodline. Yet Ezekiel was able to possess Sam's body just as easily as he possessed the body of whoever Penikett's guy was called.

Still, that's a minor quibble. It'll be interesting to see where that storyline goes. I doubt Dean would have accepted Ezekiel's offer to wipe his memory of the event. And I wonder if Castiel is going to get his grace back eventually. I suppose the cliche would be that he decides he likes mortal life and refuses to take it back when he has the chance.