The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think he's referring to the speculation that Rick actually did die in the hospital and has some sort of immunity to the virus that revived him instead of him becoming a zombie.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I don't buy that speculation. It's the kind of copout the writer has avoided using so far in the comics.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool! Next week's episode is when I actually started reading the comics!

It looks like this season might actually cover the entire prison arc, which would bring the series to within four years of the comics.

Have we had any clues as to how much longer the comic series will continue? Is there a planned ending?

4. sojourner

Kirkland would like to continue to something like 300 issues. He does have an ending in mind. Someone mentioned it up thread.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thanks for the answers. I wonder if I'm mixing up prison spoilers with spoilers about the guy we saw in the previews for next week.

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just curious, why did you place spoiler code around conjecture on who the person watching Carol might be? :confused:

In any case - I'm not sure you're right because the preview for next week's episode has the person you mentioned elsewhere currently.

7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

This and next season...

8. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that Rick has become Shane 2.0 does it mean that Shane was right all along?

9. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

No. Shane was using his survivalistic attitude to put Rick down and maybe use it as an excuse to start a fight and possibly kill Rick. Shane didn't give Rick the credit he was due.

10. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Shane would've killed the two remaining convicts even if they had agreed to stay in their part of the prison. Rick let them live.

12. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Oh, I just figured maybe some people might not be aware of the actor being in this season's episodes, so figured I would err on the side of caution. You never know when someone's going to get their knickers in a twist. :p

I never see the previews either, so that's information I wasn't privy to.

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yup, and believe it or no, there are those who deliberately avoid the previews because they consider them spoilers (And they sometimes actually are) and will throw a fit about previews being discussed.

For me personally, this character's appearance this season, I don't really consider a spoiler, since I've been expecting it (All through last season too, matter of fact)

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just seen episode 2 and why I have no issue with Rick killing the asshole prisoner who clearly was going to be a problem but hes got to be careful about not becoming Shane.

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess I'm still a bit vague on how bites are handled in this world. If everyone is already infected with the zombie virus, what difference would a bite make? As long as the wound is treated, shouldn't the victim recover? Why kill the big prisoner?

16. sojourner

The theory is the virus lies dormant in a living subject, only activating after death. Being bitten by a zombie with active virus kills the victim of the bite.

17. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

Also, chopping off Hershel's leg would have not saved him. Our hearts pump 6L of blood per minute! By the time the leg came off the virus would have already well circulated well beyond where his leg was cut off. So basically once you are bitten, you are pretty much SOL.

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Rick is an asshole, he's not better than the guy who tried to kill him. Let's face it, if a stronger group would march into his group's home and allow them to stay in exchange for half of their food, Rick would probably do the same thing, try to take out their leader.
    If the series would follow another group of characters that would run into Rick's group they could easily be seen as the villains led by a crazy ex cop who executes everyone threatening his authority. I like that, it's much more realistic than a bunch of weaklings who shouldn't have a chance in this world.

Keeping the remaining prisoners alive is a mistake and I bet at least one of them will become a serious problem before this half season is over.
    If someone had brutally murdered Rick and Daryl, hunting the latter down and having him eaten by zombies, would the rest of the group just sit in their cell block thinking "I guess they won"? No, they would observe, make plans and then strike when they think the time is right, if only to protect their half of the food that the five times larger group will come to get when they munched through their half.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Demanding half of the food was wrong, but the crazy guy had already tried to ban them from the prison, claiming it as his own. That was Rick's counterproposal.

20. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

No, Rick is NOT the same as Tomas. Lets remember that Rick and Co. freed the prisoners from the cafeteria and cleared out the infected prison. The prisoners would not have been able to do that themselves and in fact had no idea how important it would have been to do so. Rick was right that they spilled blood for that prison...which the prisoners were not able to use until they showed up and brought them up to speed on the new world order. That was not a situation of the Ricktatorship barging in and deciding to take someone else's home. They found a place, that no one else was using.

On top of that, Rick was perfectly willing to let them stay and even risked his life and that of his people to try and help THEM create a safe place in the prison. Instead it became abundantly clear that Tomas was going to try and kill Rick the first chance he got.

Also remember that the prisoners were not together by choice and did not necessarily follow Tomas' lead. They were just thrown together in that cafeteria. As Axel said, he had no reason to listen to Tomas, he was not their leader. Plus remember, the two remaining surviving prisoners had NO reason to show any allegiance to Tomas after he brutally killed Big Tiny right in front of them (someone they probably had more affection for anyway). Its a good bet that given a choice, Rick would have locked up Big Tiny or set him free and see what happens.