ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome to any newbies since my last post in this thread. I hope you have a great time talking ENT in here, and remember: don't eat the yellow snow!

2. Lys

Lys Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've been lurking here for a while and decided to finally join the fun with some encouragement by Hopeful Romantic. I'm pretty new to all things Trek, Enterprise being the only series I've seen. I live in France and Trek airs only on a cabled channel I don't get. I hope that eventually, one day, I'll be able to watch the other series. Who knows?

3. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome! :)

4. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome, Lys! So happy you delurked. :) I hope you enjoy yourself here. (Although I don't think the avatar contests will ever be the same. :lol: )

5. Lys

Lys Lieutenant Red Shirt

LOL! Is that a challenge? I've never practiced the art of making avatars, I've only been playing with wallpapers and sigs. But I'm always up for a challenge. ;)

6. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

Welcome Lys!!! The more Enterprise fans, the better!!!

7. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

^^ I agree! A whole-hearted welcome. We need all the ENT fans we can get!:bolian:

8. Necros

Necros Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi Everybody!

I'm Necros (my real name in English is William) and I'm from a small town in Hungary (it's in Eastern-Europe). I was born in '84, so I've spent 24 long years on the face of this planet. I began watching Star Trek shows and movies in my early teens and I fell in love instantly.
    The first show was TNG, I believe. I haven't seen much of TOS, though I'm sure I came across a few episodes but I've seen all of Kirk's movies. :) After TNG I watched Voyager regularly (because of my late start and because TV channels aired Trek shows as they pleased, so sometimes I found out they just stopped showing them, or began airing them from the very beginning instead of continouing with the next season... :rolleyes:) and loved that too. I have seen a couple of DS9 eps in the mean time but I didn't really like those at the time, I don't know why. But a few years later I cought a few more of them again and found myself liking it. :)
    Sadly after that time I couldn't watch any Trek shows for quite a while but about two-three years ago I got my hands on all of the Voyager seasons, so I watched them all from the beginning to the end. Then did the same thing with DS9 and I totally loved that too. I can't understand now why I was against it back then because it is an awsome show. Then came TNG and after that Enterprise.
    I have to admit, I hated Enterprise at first when I caught a few minutes of it on a German channel. Partly because I don't understand that language, so I didn't know what was going on, why was it so "primitive" :D and because I just didn't like the design of the show. And sometime in 2006 I've stumbled upon the first episode from season 4 and frankly, I didn't like that either - again, I didn't get what the hell was going on. But luckily after a few months I've decided to give the show a second chance and this time I began with the first season. :) Unlike before I needed a couple of episodes to fall in love. My main reason was the theme song, frankly I though it was inappropriate and an insult. Of course I didn't pay any attention to the lyrics and just skipped through it as soon as I've heard it's not a classical theme. What a fool I was... [​IMG]A few episodes later I listened to the whole thing and realised it wasn't bad at all. Russell Watson's performance was wondeful and the lyrics were great. I still needed some time but finally I came to this conclusion: this theme song was perfect for Enterprise, it's what Star Trek is all about, faith of the heart, hope. So, now I'm sad and angry because of the show's cancellation. It deserved at least one more season, there was so, so much more to tell. I've still got some hope, maybe if ST XI will be succesful, the show could get a second chance. I know, I'm being too optimistic/foolish but one can hope. Right? :)

Other than Star Trek, I also love other sci-fi shows/movies/books and watching many other kinds of shows/movies. I also enjoy reading (mostly a horror-fantasy fan when it comes to books -among my favourite writers are HP Lovecraft and Clive Barker for example). And I'm interested in writing myself. I think that's enough for now. :D

9. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

100% agreed :)

Welcome to the board! Good to see another Lovecraft fan around :beer:

10. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Yeah, I liked it, too. But you can't say that on this board without being labeled a heretic. :rolleyes:

11. Necros

Necros Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yeah, but I've gotten used to that. :) So much hatred against this show, mostly without sound reasoning... :rolleyes:

12. Bak_and_Blue

Yes, it's ridiculous! But it's always nice to meet another fan. Welcome aboard.:bolian:

13. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome Necros :)

You know I think the fan numbers are increasing - there seem to be a lot more folks around lately who actually like the show. Makes this place much nicer.

14. suebsg9

suebsg9 Commander Red Shirt

It takes some of us awhile lol!! I always stuck by DS9 and then gave into watching or tapeing Enterprise eps then just bought all 4 seasons. At least those were reasonable price; not sure I can ever afford DS9 so watch if up late on TNT!

Sorry went off topic; I like hanging out at forums and talking about shows :) Always nice to find friendly people to discuss the show with.

15. Spanky

Spanky Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Can't believe I haven't introduced myself yet. :O

I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie, but just a fan of Star Trek in general; excluding DS9 and Voyager. I was brought up on the Next Generation as a kid and lost interest after that, until a few months ago where I decided to give Enterprise a go. Had gripes with it, and a few things infuriated me beyond belief; but that isn't to say it's not entertaining in it's own right. And now I've taken it upon myself to download all 3 seasons of the original series. ^_^

16. crmfghtr

crmfghtr Ensign Red Shirt

Hello Duluth MN here! Been a Star Trek fan since a kid in the early 1970's. Like all the series, nice to be here! Looks like good folk here!

17. crmfghtr

crmfghtr Ensign Red Shirt

I was a holdout until the last year, now I own all the seasons on DVD. You will all be envious when I tell you I am only half way through the series! I have plenty of brand new fresh ones to watch, muhahaha

18. Lady Conqueror

^Welcome all :D

Latecomers to the shows are even better in some ways because we get to hear fresh opinions on the eps. Jump in and chat away.

Personally I'm not around as much as I'd like to be lately. i'm pregnant with my 2nd child :) and currently in the sick phase - really eats into my computer time :( ) but hopefully that will pass soon and I can reshare some thoughts on the eps - i've been rewatching the whole series. Minefield is next on the list.

19. Bak_and_Blue

Congrats Lady C.!:techman:
    I remember the "sick phase" :rolleyes: Hopefully it passes soon.
    This kind of makes me think of "Unexpected". Did you get an extra chuckle watching that one?

20. Lady Conqueror

^ :lol: Yes, although thankfully I'm not growing any new nipples on my wrist :eek: :p

Actually I'll hold a special fondness for Unexpected because it was the episode I first clicked with Enterprise. For some reason I kind of dazed through the first 3 eps first time around (on subsequent viewings I really liked them).