The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's Thanksgiving. You got to expect a bunch of turkeys

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I kept expecting him to murder them to get his hands on their little girl. The fact that he did not was a pleasant surprise.

On this show any shreds of happiness or normalcy get ripped away rather quickly. That does not bode well for the ladies' longevity.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I really liked last night's episode. Despite the fact that the Governor has done some horrible things you still feel for the guy a bit.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely not the most exciting episode, but I still rather liked it. There was an underlying tension the whole time as you wondered when the Governor might finally snap and reveal his true colors to the family, and the fact he never really did, and actually became a somewhat good and honorable person again, was interesting to see.

It also provides a MUCH more interesting explanation for why he heads back to the prison than if he was just spending the entire year hatching some Sadistic, Evil Plan in a bunker somewhere.

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The single mom reminded me a lot of an older Maggie, even sounded a little like her. Were they going to actually have sex in the truck next to the sister?..kinky lol

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

While I support the idea of Carol and Daryl eventually becoming a couple, I disagree with your opinion that Michonne & Daryl (or the actors) having no chemisrty. On-screen chemistry has to be developed, and not so predictable. In season 2, Glenn and Maggie appeared to lack chemistry, other than an (early) occasional peek, and Glenn acting confused, yet by the end of the season its all "I love you."

Give Daryl and Michonne time; of it is meant to happen, i'm sure the PTB will find a way to make it work.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see Glenn & Michonne more like co-workers or siblings -- they're both baddass warriors that don't speak a whole lot (Darryl has more one liners than speeches).

They respect each other & their abilities...but i don't see them as lovers either.

we'll have to see what happens how he deals with Carol. He may try to go after her, but then Martinez' camp might changes things.

I'm interested where the Governor will play in the situation. Will he turn out to be a "good guy" but maybe killed before his change is explained.

8. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The telegraphing of the Governor projecting his thoughts of Penny to the new child were over the top, and if she dies, that would be a poor excuse for his returning to his season 3 roots, since it would be completely unrealistic to think he lost any of his sadistic, controlling behavior after his military wannabe disaster in the season 3 finale.

They have patterned much of his personality from Jim Jones, so a man of that nature does not do an about-face and become Mr. Nice Guy overnight, over the passage of months, or after a relationship with Penny 2.0.

9. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awww... The Governor's got his own Clementine now. :lol:

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Pfft. I love this show, but it's characters are no Lee and Clementine.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No, thank you. Contrived and unnecessary romances are not my thing. As far as last night's episode, I thought it was brilliant. Morrissey is an outstanding actor; that's for sure.

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That was amazing and heartbreaking. And quite an unexpected direction to take the Governor. Worst PTSD ever.

I hope these new characters don't die. They really should have stayed where they were, since it seemed like a pretty safe area. Low local zombie population.

I'm starting to wonder if the Governor is at the prison because he was sent there by his former henchman, rather than because he's out for revenge.

13. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a good story but I think I would have much rather it done in flashback segments (the way Arrow does) or just cutting to his story over the whole season rather than stopping the main story to focus on a flashback for an episode or two.

Just one thing I wonder though, does the Governor have Walker repellent?
    Those scenes where he's walking down the road and no walkers are bothering him and when he is burning down Woodbury standing there in his kewl pose, Walkers are just passing him by.

14. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

This is pretty much how I feel. I would like to see Carol join that new group, that would be more interesting (did it sound like Carol was talking to the governor at the start of that episode?).

I also wonder if that episode (and the next) are still a flashback. They might not be caught up with the show yet.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  15. PKerr

It was a flashback as the Governor was roaming for 2 months after he killed everyone on the road, he was with Lily and her family maybe a week or two? The current story is close to seven months after that incident.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

How did the younger of the two sisters hurt her ankle? Did her girly-ness in the ZA finally betray her?

17. PKerr

She was clumsy from laying around her apartment for the last year and a half.

18. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^That would do it.

I wached the episode twice and both times, the girl at the beginning sounded like Carol. Anyone else hear her? I have a feeling the flashback episodes will end with Carol joining the Governor. She didn't meet him yet but if they get together, and she finds out who he is, would she kill him or learn from Rick and not kill (which would suck in this case).

19. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You might be onto something there

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I only watched it once but as the voiceover was playing I turned to my wife and said "That sounds like Carol." For a while I was expecting her to turn up before the end of the episode.