Dollhouse in Trouble?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cain, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Because FOX are idiots.

2. amdmiami

amdmiami Commander Red Shirt

Fucking Fox and stupid biased execs. Why is Joss taking this crap from them? Friday night 9pm? Isn't he having some sort of deja vu?

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The way FOX treats their Sci Fi shows is almost as bad as Palin becoming President of the United Sates.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't figger Fox out either. Why even begin a genre show? They always end up dumping it.

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Now i'm convinced that Whedon just needs work desperately or else i can't explain that he works with Fox again after they screwed him so royally on Firefly.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Well from the story of how the show came about he's working with Fox because that's who Eliza's deal is with.

7. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But you have to ask yourself this, o flock of Whedon. Who is more of a moron? Fox for airing, and then cancelling, sci-fi programming, or Whedon and the other showrunners pitching sci-fi programming to Fox knowing damn well what's going to happen to it?

8. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Office politics, maybe.

9. amdmiami

amdmiami Commander Red Shirt

Oh great Eliza sold her soul to Fox which is actually run by the devil and his minions in diguise.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Does this mean Dollhouse will change it's name to "Dead Show Walking"? :eek:

11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems to me that keeping Terminator was a bad idea, since I don't think the PR from the new movie will help. If it does, though, moving Terminator to Friday against weaker competition than Mondays is a good idea. And pairing Dollhouse with Terminator is also probably a good idea, with audiences likely to be compatible. The only other question is whether they should arrange a hot lead in for Dollhouse, like House leads in Fringe? The suggestion that they are more concerned with saving 24 does seem likely---it's an established property that also makes a moral/political statement in keeping with the Fox ethos.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not only would I watch a show called deathslot, but it kind of accurately describes what I have hypothesised is the gully leading towards the tiny guillotine in what is commonly be mistaken for Cameron's valve separating her non-existent reproductory organs with the rest of the world.

I thought the joy of terminator was that it did so well through other delivery mediums? It's core audience can't be bothered watching TV, so why bother putting it on/in a lifeslot?

14. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

The fact that this show is debuting on nine o'clock on a Friday with ratings-deprived Sarah Connor Chronicles (which I really like by the way) is a pretty good indication that Fox doesn't think this show is going to last more than seven episodes.

On the bright side, maybe this will inspire Whedon to turn Dollhouse into a film that only twenty people will see like with Serenity.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  15. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

The show is going to go down the pooper, and why? Because Whedon pandered to them and made changes that are screwing things up down the road, and now they want even more changes.

Whedon needs to Black List FOX and move on. I believe Sci-Fi Channel's offer to develop anything with him, is still standing.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Whedon just leave now, let it get canned and rework the whole show for someone like ABC who despite being idiots lately will treat a show much better than FOX, hell NBC will give any show on 7 million several seasons :cool:

17. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're putting it on Friday? Opposite SG:A and Sanctuary?

Great. Gotta tape one or the other.

18. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Shame. The word is shame.

Old Biff would have something to say about now....

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again

20. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what I said. ;)

Definite brain fart on that one. My bad.