Federation Civil War

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, May 22, 2011.

1. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

It's mainly because I've been out of the workforce since my dad died in 2013. I haven't filled out an application since I 1987 when I got my first and only job. I feel out of touch. I feel much weaker and unable to do much since I had cancer in 2015. Chemo has caused memory problems. Bad knees and back don't help either. I'm just confused. Also while taking care of my father I became an insomniac because he would have me up at any time of night to go to hospital for something that usually turned out to be nothing.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    scifieric likes this.
  2. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that :confused:. I hope things pick up for you very soon.

3. scifieric

scifieric Captain Captain

I would hate to have to try to make a living as an artist. Art is something I enjoy and wouldn't want to turn it into work.

However, you are an exceptional 3D artist, even if you are not looking for a job in that field.

Whatever you do, I wish you nothing but good luck.

4. XFozzboute

I have too much fun doing art so I don't want to make a job of it. Thanks guys. At least today my knees feel pretty good. must be the vitamin d i've started taking. The CBD oil isn't to bad either.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  5. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I think I done as much as I can this part of the shit. My brain is pretty much turned to mush.
    [​IMG]

Atolm and SCE2Aux like this.
  6. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Got frustrated working on the last ship so I thought I’d move to another one. I’ve done two pics showing the full ship just to get a good look at it. Most of the work on the top of the hull is done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Added some panels and a few more windows.
    [​IMG]

7. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

I like this design (well that's not saying much as I like all your work). I think this one is sweet as it evokes the old round saucer with nacelles, but on the newer "spoon"-shaped saucers of later tng trek. At the same time, the ship also has that cool civil war era ironclad look (sexy):
    [​IMG]

8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Now this is just amazing, @XFozzboute! Looks like a little sister ship to the Voyager. Always had a soft spot for smaller ships. This is what, nine or ten decks thick? I really dig the asymmetric surface details on top of the hull, the nacelle design and the shuttlebay area. Thanks for sharing your art with us!

Atolm likes this.
  9. Atolm

Yeah bro. I have always felt that XFozzboute's use of the finer details in his work have almost a 1970's-80's vibe of physical model making. The perfect blend of smooth and detailed sections.

10. XFozzboute

Thanks Michael and Atolm.
    I grew up building models in the 70's-80's so I still approach my work the same way.

11. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I added detail to the fantail. I’m happy with it but I think I might rebuild the section because I’m not happy with the segmenting and a few other issues I’m coming up against. Feel like I might need a small break.
    [​IMG]

137th Gebirg likes this.
  12. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Did a little work on rebuilding this part. There is still some segmenting but I’m gonna have to live it. Too many other thing on my mind.
    [​IMG]

Atolm and 137th Gebirg like this.
  13. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Damn tore up my left knee again while I was asleep again. Well I pretty much finished up the fantail. I also redesigned the tractor beam emitter. I added two new transporter emitters and added some grid lines to the bottom of the primary hull. I’m gonna need to adjust those. They’re a little deeper and thicker than I want them.
    [​IMG]

Michael, 137th Gebirg and Atolm like this.
  14. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

damn that looks good

Atolm likes this.
  15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

it does. Stay in good health us.

16. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Well looks like with a little help from the Autodesk forums I was able to fix the problem I was having so back to work I go.
    Added some detail and a few more windows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atolm, fireproof78 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, you don't get nearly enough credit for the awesome work you do!! I love the designs and detail you put into these models!!

Atolm likes this.
  18. Atolm

That's what I've been say'n!!!

Mage likes this.
  19. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    The yo yoing weather out here is driving me nuts. I feel like hell but I was able to add some detail and windows to the lower hull.
    [​IMG]

tax1234, Psion, Atolm and 1 other person like this.
  20. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Did all this little bit of work last night while working through a mild migraine. Not easy when it effects your vision sometimes. Sure it’s not a very federationy look but don’t care, I’m happy with it. I’ll add a bit more fine detail when I get a chance.
    [​IMG]