The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

James Franco's going to be in "The Dark Knight Rises"?

Seriously that's what the picture looks like.

2. Gecko of Gorn

Gecko of Gorn Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

If you had better forearms and wrists, you'd make a good Robin.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Olivia Wilde. Stana Katic.

Angelina Jolie 10 years ago. Gina Gershon circa Bound and Face/Off.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I always envisioned Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. I think Eva Green would have been more fitting for Talia.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Took the words right out of my mouth my friend :) I've envisioned Rachel as Selina ever since first reading "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" (especially the latter).

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was going to mention her as the last person I'd want to see as Catwoman. Too overhyped and overexposed, and I don't think she's right for the part. I think it's her status as an "it" girl that gets her suggested a lot. It was like when Natalie Portman was big, she got suggested for everything from Wonder Woman to Indiana Jones' daughter.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I may be in the minority here, but I've believed from the day that Nolan and Co. announced her role that Anne Hathaway would make a great Catwoman. In fact, of the actresses who were either rumored to be or confirmed as being in contention for the primary female role(s) in TDKR, only she and Kiera Knightly generated any real interest from me. I'm a big fan of Batman Returns as a whole, but think that while Michelle Pfeifer is an excellent actress and there really isn't anything horrible about her performance, she gets a bit too much praise as far as being the best live-action Catwoman we've gotten to date, an honor that I personally think goes to the third 60s Catwoman, Lee Meriweather, and I'm glad that Hathaway didn't try to compare/contrast her portrayal with or draw inspiration from Pfiefer's or anyone else's (although she does remind me a bit of the aforementioned Meriweather based on what we've seen).

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I honestly don't really see Jolie as a good Catwoman. She's not a bad actress or anything, I just don't see her being right for the role.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Natalie Portman is gorgeous and a great actor but how could anyone suggest her for Wonder Woman? She's way too tiny and doesn't have nearly enough of an edge and toughness to her.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's one of my favorite actresses, but there is no way Natalie Portman could be Wonder Woman.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

More like Wonder Why I'm In Star Wars Woman.

12. Admiral_Young

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, me neither. And Heath Ledger as the Joker? That'll never work. :shifty:

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Admiral_Young

I don't think Leo would have been a bad choice...Nolan was able to get an amazing performance out of him in "Inception", I just don't really see him as Edward. He very well could have been epic in the role had it happened. What I find most interesting about the comments is that WB wanted the Riddler as the villain. Nolan and WB/DC Ent must have had some very fascinating back and forth discussions when it came time to talk about what villains Nolan and Goyer wanted to use.

16. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

AMC Theatres has started putting out some material about TDKR

http://i.imgur.com/FjlvE.jpg

It appears the movie is going to be 2 hours 45 minutes long. I knew that 4 hour cut that WB was looking at was not going to make it, but I am glad that the suits are letting it play fairly long.

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Leo is one of the best actors in Hollywood, he would of made a great Riddler though saying that I once saw a fan trailer of Robin Williams as Hugo Strange and dam I forgot how well Robin plays creepy bad guy.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Almost no one Nolan has cast really fits their part. Would someone like Cillian Murphy have come to mind if you were casting the Scarecrow? Following that trend, Leo wouldn't have been too out of place.

I'd love to see a 4-hour cut. I've said this before... A Nolan Batman film on the level of The Ten Commandments with lots of story and several acts would have been nice.

19. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

There's a four hour cut of this film? That doesn't seem Nolan's style. He usually works very efficently and his deleted scenes maybe add up to a few minutes (although watching a four hour Batman film would be fun).

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

There wasn't a four-hour cut. MTV reported on a screening of a rough cut for studio execs and joked that it was four hours long. Some other sites didn't realize it was a joke and reported the four-hour running time as fact. MTV later ran an editorial clarification on the matter.