The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'd like a Black Series Aayla Secura.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was at the Disney Store again last night, they had more of the Black Series for $9.99. However they didn't have much of a selection. They had one Stormtrooper but there was something wrong with it in the packaging, so didn't get it. However I did pick up Han Solo and Boba Fett.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Boba? Nice. :techman: Even now and after he reshipped in another case assortment he's still not the easiest 6" figure to find. Good scores, man! For $9.99 it's hard to say no to any 6" figure in this line.

5. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Yep they made so many Boba figs with different variations through the years he still number one on everyone's list. The prices for older Boba figs are still high online. I wouldn't be surprise to see him the newer black series going for like 19.99-24.99 online from third party sellers who do this just to make extra money because it just a side job.

6. cooleddie74

Yeah, the online scalpers routinely sell the 6" Boba Fett for far more than retail price, even after more of him have shown up in stores. And the Walgreens-exclusive Prototype Boba Fett goes for insane amounts online even though more of that figure are starting to appear in Walgreens stores across the country and Hasbro made and shipped tens of thousands of them.

7. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

and I now have all 8 original figures. Don't know about the variants, will be a wait and see situation. Pics to follow.

CCC.

8. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Don't you just love the feeling you get when you manage to collect an entire set of something? I find it a little euphoric. :bolian:

9. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Has anyone bought any of the Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama Kidrobot Blind Boxes? So far I bought a few of them online and in stores. There are certain ones you can't get online, but you can find them in stores such as the Futrama and Family Guy sets.

10. cooleddie74

I know that feeling. Although with Hasbro Star Wars product the concept of "an entire set" is pretty nonexistent until the company decides to end one figure line and begin a new one to replace it. In the meantime, twenty to one hundred or more figures can be released with no preset timeframe.

You just collect until you go: "Oh, this is the last one for this figure line? I guess I managed to get them all. Cool. What's the next one?" :)

11. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I know there must be someone out there that has every single Boba Fett action figure including the late 1970s prototype with the shooting missile projectile that was banned in the United States because they feared kids would shoot their eye out from it.

I remember while back when Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace came out in theater some months later or year later a young girl around eight to ten years of age brought her entire Queen Padme Amidala collection on this show that was on PAX channel. This was a show where people brought their stuff to be appraised and they had the option to keep it or sell it on the show. Now back to the young girl, she had everything and she was dressed like Queen Padme Amidala. I always wonder if she sold her collection years later through garage and yard sales to pay for her college text books or kept it somewhere in the attic or basement for her daughter to have which I doubt.

12. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Here is my set.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a comparison shot with the Remco figures I have.
    [​IMG]

The differences are as interesting as the similarities, like the back of Gillman's head or Wolfmans feet.

CCC.

13. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Kenner Leia and Funco Bride.
    [​IMG]
    ""Ewww, who does your hair?""

CCC.

14. cooleddie74

Kenner Leia still wins the Battle of the Big Hair. You can't top those buns.

So to speak.

15. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

No 'b'un intended there, right?:guffaw:

CCC.

16. cooleddie74

All this talk of buns is making me crave a nice, juicy hamburger.

17. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I did something I haven't done in a long time. I bought an action figure. I bought the Matty Collector Firestorm figure. One of my favorite comic characters and a pretty cool character.

[​IMG]

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Cool. I hated the Total Heroes at first, and the retail offerings still haven't impressed me. The site exclusives are pretty accessory packed, and are fun figures though.

TRU had a 20% off Nintendo toys sale, so I picked up the World of Nintendo Bowser to go with my Figuarts Mario. The scale is pretty good:
    [​IMG]
    Mama Mia!

[​IMG]
    Mario number one!

19. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Not familiar with this one, what scale is it?

CCC.

20. cooleddie74

Oh, Mario. Is there any toy display you can't make a lot more entertaining and fun for all involved?