Seven of Nine: Efficiency

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Amaraen, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Amaraen

Amaraen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Melakon - I just want to say that I like your avatar. While I know that he is doing the Nazi salute, it looks like he is taking a selfie.

2. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think at the time she received all of the Doctor's largesse, Seven had become cowed by Janeway to a certain degree. She accepted the inevitability of staying on Voyager, had pledged fealty to that demand, and, perhaps submissively, had provisionally accepted Janeway's authority over her. She probably felt that it wasn't prudent or productive to protest factors like her ensemble and stylings, given the circumstances. Later, she probably just became habituated to them to the extent that pursuing such changes seemed pretty superfluous.

As far as following Janeway's strictures and the Starfleet ideal, well obviously that didn't last too long once she got a comprehensive look at how Voyager operated!!!!:)

3. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

That puts a really bleak spin on things, if Seven was cowed into accepting the Doctor's inefficient fashion choices for her because she didn't feel like she had the agency to choose her own appearance.
    To be fair though, that makes as much sense as any other explanation we have for this.

4. Drone

Yes, I guess it would be fair to say that, aside from the disorientation of being separated from the Collective that would last quite a while in any case, it might not be a stretch to say that she may have been depressed at this point. It's possible that the new appearance wasn't really objectionable to her in the light of the fact that she was going to appear vastly different one way or the other from what was so internalized to whatever slight degree self-conceptualization even existed for her during the previous 18 years.

On the other hand, and probably closer to the mark, is that for Seven at that time, her appearance was essentially irrelevant and so the choices made for her by the Doctor, were certainly not worth provoking the ire of Janeway, especially if she was cognizant that there would soon be real battles to be fought between the two of them.

Six of Twelve likes this.
  5. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know, I think she knew she was 'all that and a bag of isolinear chips'.

6. Amaraen

Amaraen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have seen some more episodes, and apparently she "sleeps" by regenerating in her borg cubicle. How long does she have to do that? She does it standing up, and wearing high heels the entire time. That is something I cannot fathom.

Six of Twelve likes this.
  7. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

It is funny. It reminds me of how dramas in the eighties would show women sleeping with full make up on.

8. Drone

Yes, it has been said so often that Ryan was brought on for that horny young male audience cohort, and yet no sleepwear? What a buzzkill by the producers!!!:lol:

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she didn't actually wear makeup. The Doctor probably permanently altered the pigment of her skin so it just looks like she's wearing makeup all the time.