The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@OdoWan...I kind of thought that, but wasn't entirely sure. Thanks for the clarification.

2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Tell of the magnet jammer accumulators accept the aboriginal blow. The alfresco accessory jointed computational *G toward the ciricumulous accelerators are wigit?

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I personally think the accelerated pygmy defibrillator is the best way to go. Of course, the guacamole will be compromised so that's a tradeoff.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Well, no soap, radio.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. cooleddie74

Disney Stores are getting Black Series figures in both 3.75" and 6" scales, including Boba and Darth Plagueis. If you have a Disney Store in a mall near you and you collect Star Wars, you might want to make a pit stop and see what's on their peg walls and shelves. Pics are showing up from multiple locations around the country showing shelves with the 6" Boba Fett and pegs containing Waves 2 and 3 of 3.75" Black Series, including the random report of a Darth Plagueis here and there.

My area's Disney Store closed shop a few years ago and the next-closest one is located down in North Carolina so this won't do myself nor local collectors much good, but if you guys know of a Disney Store near you it might be a wise idea to run in there and see what they have. Disney prices are $1 - $5 higher than big box retailers (basic small figures $10.95, six-inch $24.95 or thereabouts) but they seem to be receiving better stock right now than Walmarts or other store chains.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Sadly, it looks like they have no plans for anything, though. There weren't any toys for First Class either. The Wolverine got an awful five-point 3 3/4" line, while the 6" line was made a Diamond exclusive due to lack of retailer interest.

8. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I received my order of the 6-inch Black Series Wave 3 today. Sadly they used Han Solo as the "fourth" figure in the set so now I have two of him. (I am shipping him off to my god son.) On the positive side, the rest of the figures are absolutely fantastic. I was even impressed with the prequel Obi-Wan, which I was not all that excited about. But the best of the wave is definitely the Stormtrooper. I must have another one! Bespin Luke is also impressive. They managed to capture the changes in Mark Hamill's face between ANH and ESB nicely.

9. cooleddie74

What's the paint job like on your copy of Obi-Wan? One of the complaints is that his eyes are painted very incompetently and his hair is too red.

10. OdoWanKenobi

I am jealous! Got any pics?

11. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I had seen something about that but the one I received looks great. The hair looks to be the right color. Ewan and I have the same hair color and it matches mine rather well. And the eyes are perfectly fine, if maybe a little intense. The dude looks angry is all. I am very happy with it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  12. cooleddie74

Nice! I'm pretty happy to hear that because one of the reviews online complained pretty vociferously about the paint apps on Obi-Wan, but other than that they seem pretty stoked about Wave 3, especially the Stormtrooper. That's cool you pre-ordered - I've never done that with the 6" figures, at least not yet.

And yes: if you have any pics we'd love to see 'em! :)

13. Admiral_Young

Marvel Select is apparently doing one figure, something that fans will want (I'm guessing Fass-Neto personally) and the dude in charge of Marvel Legends stated "we never said we weren't doing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" so I expect an Infinite Series line sometime later this year.

Zack Oat also confirmed mini-mates for both "Guardians of the Galaxy", and "X-Men: Days of Future Past".

14. OdoWanKenobi

Perhaps they're waiting for the DVD release for X-Men toys. With Captain America and Spider-Man already on the pegs, and Guardians of the Galaxy coming soon, the action figure aisle would get kinda clogged if they added X-Men in there as well.

15. cooleddie74

Heads up to anybody who gets a copy of the new 6" Bespin Luke Skywalker from The Black Series: Jedi Temple Archives just reported that at least one copy of the Luke has arrived with the one of the hands cracked near or along the wrist joint. It may be confined to just one or a few copies of the new figure, but you might want to check yours if you already have one.

16. OdoWanKenobi

I just had one of those scores that only happens once in a blue moon!

[​IMG]

This is a DC Direct Salaak. One of my favorite Green Lanterns, I've seen this figure going upwards of $80-$100 loose! I found this one at my LCS in their loose figure case for $7.99! I am just thrilled. I've been lamenting his absence from my display for the longest time.

17. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

18. Admiral_Young

Yeah if Marvel Legends does do an Infinite Series line for "X-Men: Days of Future Past" I suspect they'll time it for release with the DVD/Blu-Ray later in the fall, that means we could get teases at SDCC. That is if they do something.

19. cooleddie74

I'm not terribly familiar with the Green Lantern universe of characters, but that figure looks absolutely stunning. Any action figure that immediately draws your eye and holds it with such exotic colors and designs has already won....that's a pretty cool figure and congrats on scoring him!

20. Admiral_Young

Well the near three year wait is almost over. I finally ordered the Diamond Select Enterprise-E...but the First Contact edition! It will be here in a couple of weeks along with the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Marvel Infinite Legends figures.

Long time thread readers will know my patience regarding the E-E. I originally wanted the "Nemesis" version, but once I saw the First Contact release, I knew I had to get it. I've read and seen so many great things about both ships, I can't wait to finally get it in my hands!