The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

One more thing, maybe I missed something but it seemed odd that no one would notice all that ruckus Rick was making in the bathroom. The house was still occupied at that point, no?

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Frankly, the audio reality was a bit off in that entire section of the episode. Rick shuffles around & breaths audibly a lot under that bed, with a guy inches away

You just gotta suspend some disbelief there I guess

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

See if I know where everyone is at because right now the time line of the show is a little off-kilter.

Hours after the prison fell/night of the fall of the prison:
    1. Rick and Carl shamble down an isolated road and scavenge for supplies in a nearby biker bar. Make camp for the night in a nearby neighborhood. (Mid point of the episode a couple weeks ago.)

2. Glenn escapes from the prison with supplies and joins forces with Tara and they meet Abraham and his group. Glenn passes out and hours later wakes up in the military truck enroute to D.C. Stops the truck, encounter with the Walkers, they head back toward the prison-area. (Glenn's catch-up last week, story this week.)

3. Maggie's group makes it to relative safety before deciding to seek out the prison bus to hopefully find Glenn, end up killing the Walkers on the bus. (Maggie's portion of last week's episode.)

4. Darryl and Beth make camp.

5. Michonne gets two new familiars and makes camp in an abandoned car.

6. Tyrese and the surviving children of the prison escape and make camp.

Day after the fall of the prison:
    1. Rick spends the day in a coma/unconscious, Carl fends for himself and gathers some supplies.

2. Glenn and Tara: Unknown. (Presumably enroute back to the prison-area.)

3. Maggie's group: Unknown.

4. Darryl and Beth continue to try and to find the remaining survivors from the prison. Encounter the group that moments earlier were encountered by Tyrese and the girls. Presumably the night-time events glimpsed at in the "Talking Dead" clip.

5. Michonne falls in-step with a herd of Walkers with her familiars in tow and ends up killing all of them. Makes her way to follow the footsteps she saw earlier. (Rick and Carl's.) Presumably makes camp sometime that night.

6. Tyrese and the surviving children create the trail Darryl and Beth will later follow and meet-up with Carol. Presumably on the way to "Terminus" after seeing signs for it.

Second day after the fall of the prison:
    1. Rick and Carl: Rick wakes from his coma and re-connects with Carl on some level. The events of this episode.

2. Glenn and Tara: Unknown.

3. Maggie's group: Unknown.

4. Darryl and Beth: Unknown.

5. Michonne meets back up with Rick and Carl. The events of this episode.

6. Tyrese, Carol and the surviving children: Unknown.

----------

So in otherwords, only Rick, Carl and Michonne are in the "now." The Glenn portions of this episode occur still only hours after the prison fell when they were picked up by Abraham and his group.

Everyone else we don't know where they are.

I'm guessing by the last episode of this season it'll have everyone meeting up in all four-dimensions at "Terminus" (aptly named, I guess) to set-up the arc for next-season. (The trek to D.C.) Could also be built into the "subtext" of the "Those who arrive, survive" motto for the location. Which *may* imply we may have a character death coming between now and when the group meets at Terminus.

4. Conundrum

Conundrum Commodore Commodore

Maybe it's time to actually start a non-spoiler thread? Or the mods can enforce that here. Only maybe half of the blatant comic spoilers are tagged...and that isn't even counting (they think they're so clever) spoiler hints from comic readers.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Trekker4747, It might help your timeline if Glen was out of it for a day in the prison, escaping with Tara on day 2. I forget, when he woke up and they showed the outside of the prison, were any of the fires still burning?

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice dream anyway. If you care about spoilers on something based on something else, it's not a battle you can win on the Internet. Those people will always show up, and they'll always think they're oh so clever. For this particular show I've kind of decided that a random spoiler here or then won't kill me, but I'll still skim and try to avoid it.

Anyway, is it just me or should whoever OKed Latina Lara Croft be fired and blacklisted?[​IMG]
    Ok, yes, that is dead sexy but how the hell does this fit in with the tone of the show? Maybe it's an 'iconic' look for a comic book version of the character (I don't actually care to know, so comic book master race clarification not needed, nor appreciated for that matter), but even if it is, most definitely should have been scrapped.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There were still fires still smoldering when Glenn woke up, IIRC. Nor is there, really, any indication that he was asleep/out on that catwalk for a full day, or that Tara spent a full day catatonic in that cage.

8. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I took it as only an hour or two after the battle.

About the show last night, why would you strangle someone to death at the foot of the bed and then go to sleep? Are we to believe these guys don't know that when you die (if not from a head wound) you turn?

And even if he did strangle him to the point of passing out why would you still go to sleep? Wouldn't you be afraid the guy would smash your skull in or shoot you in the face when he woke up?

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Like I said, none of those guys are likely out to kill each other. Stupid to do that. He got choked out, and if he's pissed about it when he comes to, he might catch the guy asleep or not, but it'll probably just result in another brawl anyhow, which I figure is a common occurrence in their gang. They don't strike me as high minded individuals.

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'm not a big fan with there decisions of late. The sadistic Lizzie and last nights stand still episode was not worth the wait. Not to mention that Sergeant's group was not what i expected. That "I'm smarter than you" guy should get kicked in the teeth after royally messing up like that.

11. PKerr

Yeah I thought that was strange unless they thought the guys upstairs were getting into it again but surly they had to have heard when he jumped off the roof onto the back porch area.

The other thing that drove me nuts was the whole Glenn" I'm walking back to find Maggie"
    I get he is in love and determined to find her but in the real world using basic math if the truck was moving 40-45 miles an hour for 3 hours like Tara said that would put them 120-135 miles from the bus, the average person walks 3.1 MPH, lets say Glenn walks 3 MPH because he is sick so that would take him 40-45 hours to walk back not stopping to rest, sleep, or slay any Walkers that may be in his path on the way back, and he better hope he doesn't pass out again because anything or anyone could harm/kill him.

Not only that, if Tara didn't go along he wouldn't have directions back and I don't believe he had any water either, in his shape he would be dead in a few hours IMO.

Yeah, this group won't be back to the bus for at least 2 days.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  12. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, the nerd part of the audience need some sort of thrill, because after years of Andrea, Lori, Carol, Jacqui, Beth, Patricia, Michonne, and various Woodbury women, well....

Okay, Maggie and Sasha are okay, but the rest.....well...

....the producers wanted Girls Gone Wild: ZA Edition. ;)

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sure he intends to find a car along the way.

How did they get that far away? I thought they were all pinned in that small area because of herds of walkers surrounding it.

14. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally--some sense lands on the series. Even in a horror/survival series, it would be stretching things to say no one is actively searching for and/or develop a cure for the zombie plague.

...still, something tells me Abraham is in for more than he expects, as the cure will be tied to other motives...

Jeff Kober is best known for his role as Sgt. Evan 'Dodger' Winslow, the shameless Willem Dafoe/Platoon clone from the 80s Vietnam TV drama, China Beach.

Agreed--and i'm thinking Rick's group is heading right for the camp of the home invaders. When they return with reports that one of their own was killed....

15. PKerr

I found a transcript of what the guys are saying downstairs when Rick is hiding under the bed posted on another site if anyone is interested.

"While Rick is lying on the bed
    Man: I'm sorry
    Man 2: You're a coward, you're a lying coward. That's all you'll ever be.
    Man: No please, don't do this, we can work this out
    Man 2: This ain't your business. Shut up. It's gonna happen.

Man 3: You plan on finishing the job?
    Man 2: Yeah
    Man 4: I'm getting an earache and I know he's just going to let his ass squeal
    Man 3: After what he did, the man deserves to bleed
    Man 4: Y'all stay down there if you want

Now, after this part is where there is talk that I can't catch but someone made a transcript of it
    Someone says “Son of a bitch”, but I can’t tell which one it is.
    Guy 1: “You shouldn’t have drawn that knife, Shirley.” Then there’s something about “All the power in that bow” but it’s all dampened by Rick’s rushing around and breathing. I can also hear them say the name “Cavanaugh”. Anyone know who Cavanaugh might be? Then something about Food, Socks, and Sleeping bags. Something about a “One time offer only, buddy.” Followed by the words “rape” and “condoms” mixed in with the jumble.
    The footsteps get too loud after that, even if I close my eyes and try to focus only on the words.
    Guy 1: “We’re moving out (jumble). Clean up your mess, Farley.”

The men mention finding Michonne's shirt. There's talk of peckers being out and first dibs.
    Now I want to focus on when Rick has jumped from the roof and is hiding behind the house with the grey haired guy is eating outside. We hear a walker snarling and then this...
    Man 3: Stop her! Stop her! Kill her! Kill her!
    Gunshots"

16. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'll wait and see. Anybody can claim to have a cure in exchange for a free ride and protection.

I'm gonna say it's just you...

You mean the one with the sword chick leading zombies on leashes? Or the one with the dictator with an eyepatch? Or the one with the nerdy chinese guy and the Farmer's Daughter getting it on while on watch duty? To which show are you referring?

17. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's KOREAN guy...you ain't Daryl, so you don't get a pass! :klingon:

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You mean Merle. Daryl knew he was korean.

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

'Scuse me for getting the nationality wrong of the guy fucking his girlfriend when he was supposed to be looking for walker break ins... :rolleyes:

20. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Daryl would make racial jokes, but could get away with it (at this point, we know it would be an in-joke with Glenn). (Also, Daryl, at the beginning, DID act a little racist. Unlike Merle, he grew to respect people - and in return get respect).

With Merle, we would add it to the list of things we hate about him, and someone would've gotten revenge if he hadn't gone after the Governor.