‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

My view is that the Green Lantern movie is a pretty decent superhero movie, and if it had come out maybe 7-10 years earlier it would've been considered pretty good; it just had the misfortune of coming out in a summer dominated by three really terrific superhero movies, so it paled in comparison.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My big problem was that the villain was a giant yellow turd cloud... :p

Also, that somehow Hal was more powerful than a dozen experienced GLs put together...

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Did they learn nothing from giant cloud Galactis in the Fantastic Four sequel? :lol:

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

But not a minority of one. I found it entertaining and a lot closer to the GL I grew up with than I ever expected a movie version to portray. Not the best of superhero movies, but certainly not the disaster some would have us believe.

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did say what it appears to be doing. Also, those clips are already superior to any GL clips we got prior to release.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup, I just rewatched Daredevil and the two Fantastic Four movies, and it's a helluva lot better than those.

7. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you seen the Director's Cut of Daredevil? It's actually rather good.

8. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've rewatched The Dark Knight in the last few days, and I have to say that it's a good movie. With that in mind, I placed orders for Begins and Rises so that I can watch them again.

But my original opinion in one area has not changed. Christian Bale was not the best Batman I've ever seen.

I hope that Affleck does a better job as the Bat, without the over-the-top acting that Bale did.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I still haven't seen GL. I really must get round to it.

10. davejames

Yeah that's the one I have. It's a bit better than the theatrical, but I still find the movie as a whole to be a rather dull experience.

Of course I don't really know the character that well, so I may not be the best judge.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

One good thing about the movie is that Affleck met his future wife Jennifer Garner in it. :)

12. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Hans Zimmer talks about the Batman/Superman movie and while he doesn't outright confirm he's going to do it, it sounds likely.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AvgiKC7kwNg[/yt]

13. marksound

I haven't seen Daredevil since it was in theaters, but I'd have to say that Affleck and Garner looked like they were made for each other.

14. davejames

I know comic fans aren't too fond of it, but I thought the playground scene was one of the best and more charming parts of the movie.

15. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I actually liked GL and really never understood why it gets bashed so much.

16. marksound

I really need to see that movie again, but as I remember it the playground scene was pretty good.

Maybe my problem is with Affleck's acting. He doesn't come across to me as the SUPERHERO type.

As I said, I'll have to watch Daredevil again. But I don't have high hopes for the MOS sequel.

17. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

No, no it's not. It's "better than the theatrical" cut but it's still a pretty crappy movie.

18. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Personally, I really liked the Green Lantern movie. It was really fun for someone who knows the comics. But, using my wife as a judge, for someone not familiar with the source material it was like two different movies. My wife loves sci fi and comic book movies but she is not a fanatic. When I watch a movie with her I get a really great second opinion of the actual quality of the FILM rather than my fan boy opinion.

For Shazam!, the movie could have been entirely space opera. The problem was that it tried to incorporate too much of the GL Mythos and failed. If it had been set on Earth OR in space I think it would have had a better chance at financial success.

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I agree.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Log another one who likes the Green Lantern Film. And although I read a few issues when I was young and saw whatever cartoons he was in back in the 70s/80s (Just Super Friends?), that only gives me a basic understanding of the years of history of the character, so, I enjoyed it as just another Super Hero Flick and I really enjoyed the Space Opera part. I would've liked to see a sequel.