The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Batman? Nah...
    [​IMG]

Also, how have we gone this far without making the most obvious joke about Barbara having a hard time standing up?:lol:

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Indeed. :techman:

I did a Google image search for that Falcon:

[​IMG]

I never cared for the Hero Series X-Wing, but I might actually get this (if offered at a significant discount, of course). Not bad looking, and pretty big.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The only articulated parts are the radar dish and the gunner station on the top of the ship (you can't open the cockpit to put any figures inside), but at least it looks pretty good.

4. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

You could always build a Mos Eisley spaceport around it and have Han talking to Jabba under it.

CCC.

5. cooleddie74

I'm sure it makes for a pretty amazing-looking desktop display even without much articulation to add to play value.

6. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

The new addition to the new collection:
    [​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

I like Coca-Cola collectibles with the classic Santa artwork.

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Aww that's a sweet pic!

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I don't ship many things, but I ship Dick and Babs.

10. cooleddie74

If Hasbro is going to be making more 6" vehicles (Black Series or otherwise) then I hope somebody in that company has a 6" Landspeeder with a Farmboy Luke figure planned at some point, because not only is it a relatively small vehicle but the Landspeeder was one of the very first Star Wars vehicles made by Kenner in the late '70s and it would also give them the chance to make a Luke based on his Tatooine farmboy outfit.

We haven't had a Farmboy Luke larger than 3.75" since the last 12" figure in that outfit was released over a decade ago. Done right, a 6" Tatooine Luke with a highly-detailed Landspeeder could be amazing.

11. Chris3123

I'm trying to picture a 6" version of farmboy Luke, but I'm having a real hard time not thinking of just a bigger version of that old "He-Man in Luke Skywalker's Outfit" figure. :lol:

ETA: For those who still want that elusive Prototype Boba Fett figure, Walgreens now has it up on their online store.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  12. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I hated, beyond hated that Luke.

13. cooleddie74

Yeah, that 1995 Luke Skywalker figure just wasn't good. For twenty years ago it was exciting but within a few short years those steroid-pumped figures from the '90s relaunch of Star Wars toys were pretty goofy compared to even the similarly crude (but much more realistic-looking) figures from the end of that decade.

14. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Oh god I remember these figures, I had Darth Vader, Storm Trooper, and R2-D2 when the first run came out. I remember how much they were going for in the secondary markets in the 1990s. I couldn't find a lot of the figures I wanted from the later series like AT-AT Driver, Zuckuss, Emperor's Royal Guard, Death Star, Droid, and Death Star Trooper. Some of the figures in the later series were hard to find while others you could only get them if you bought the vehicle they came along with such as the AT-AT Walker or toycase that came with the Imperial Scanning crew tech or Wedge Antilles. Now you can pretty much find all of them for under ten dollars.

15. cooleddie74

Breaking news from Hasbro posted over at Jedi Temple Archives!

The current release schedule for 2015's Black Series 3.75" and 6" wave assortments:

16. cooleddie74

The official release date for The Force Awakens toys and other merchandise is September 4th.

I'm not sure if this is just Sneak Preview figures and other items since the movie doesn't premiere until three and a half months later (and each of the three Prequels had a very limited number of Sneak Preview characters and other toys released in stores anywhere from two to six months prior to each film's theatrical release) or if Hasbro, Lucasfilm and Disney want the first official wave assortments of figures, ships, vehicles and other merchandise in stores a few months ahead of time.

Here are the six planned sets of commemorative multipack figures to celebrate the digital release of the existing films in the Saga, which might be accomplished in time for this year's May the Fourth celebration of the franchise:

[​IMG]

Mostly straight repacks of Saga Legends and Mission Series (5-POA) figures we've all seen before, but the Darth Maul in the Episode I set is an all-new sculpt that was previously available only in Canada as part of a Saga Legends wave assortment that never made it to U.S. or many other international retail chains.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

September sounds about good. Four months before release, and two months after SDCC which will probably be our first look at everything. I'm excited for the Black Series.

I want that Black Series Jedi Emperor Palpatine.

18. Chris3123

The only one of those I'm even remotely interested in is the Emperor.

And still no "proper" Leia figure unfortunately. One of her in her ANH or even Hoth outfit would be nice.

19. cooleddie74

A friend confirmed to me that they're trying to make a 6" C-3PO for the Black Series but they're having issues with the vac-metallization process and can't quite get his look right. I'm guessing it'll be 2016 before we get a six-inch Threepio in the line.

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man inspect my latest craft.

[​IMG]