What no Arkham City Thread?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hartzilla2007, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks, didn't know that.

Well I've been playing the heck out of this game and I'm just loving it. It's nothing short of awesome. :techman:

BTW, I ran into a strange glitch after I finished off an inmate. Anyone else encounter this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgI19Javstc[/yt]

2. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Finally got this game (Yay Christmas!) and I must say I'm impressed. Unlike so many other games that try and fix what ain't broken, this game took what was awesome about Asylum and improved on it without screwing up what I already considered perfect gameplay. Cheers to you Rocksteady!

3. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

@Chris3123
    nope, never had any glitch's so far.

4. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsce7wYC4s[/yt]

5. BlackFire3

the freebie skin is okay. but i wish they had a michael keaton version.

6. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

Picked it up a few days ago and just started it the other night. I have to say, I REALLY like what I'm seeing thus far. I didn't think it could get any better than Asylum, but man...this is perfection.

7. Chris3123

Finished it Thursday night. Well, finished the main story anyway. Excellent game.

One thing I really liked about the game were the fights involving the major villains. They were satisfying overall. My two favorites:

Mr. Freeze: I like how they made this Mr. Freeze out to be a real super-villain that Batman couldn't possibly beat in a straight fight. And I really like how you had to use your brain and figure out yourself how to get him.

Clayface: I honestly wasn't expecting to see Clayface in the game, so it was a very pleasant surprise. He's obviously not an easy villain to base a fight around, but I think they did a pretty good job. Having to use the Freeze Grenades instantly reminded me of previous versions of Batman going up against him using "freeze pellets" and such. Fighting Clayface is one of the things I've wanted most out of a Batman game, so I was very pleased here.

Honorable mention goes to Solomon Grundy. The actual fight was rather "meh", especially considering how incredibly powerful he is supposed to be, but he gets points from me just for being in the game. :techman:

8. Chris3123

The Robin and Nightwing packs are reduced in price this week on Xbox Live, in case anyone's interested. They are marked down to 360 MS points each.

9. Chris3123

Campaign DLC featuring Robin and Harley Quinn is coming.

Link

:techman:

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Campaign, you say?

11. Chris3123

The new campaign DLC, called Harley Quinn's Revenge, will be available on May 29 both as part of the Game of the Year Edition of the game and as a stand-alone download. It takes place after the end of the regular campaign, and you play as both Batman and Robin.

[yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAGKlbVKaM[/yt]

BTW, this thread is pretty dead. Other than that brief post by RoJoHen, I'm the only one who has posted since January. Is anyone currently playing?

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

After recently playing Arkham City, I look forward to this DLC :techman: Though will probably get it a few weeks after release since am buying a new TV beginning of June.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

DLC sounds cool but I'm not sure I remember to play anymore.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I've had the game since release day but haven't had time to play it. For the first time, I finally removed the disc from the case and played a little last night and earlier today. Not sure how quickly I'll be moving through it since I'm also (slowly) playing The Witcher 2 and getting back into SWTOR.

15. Chris3123

Anyone else playing Harley Quinn's Revenge? I've only played a bit of it so far, but it's pretty good.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

D/L it but not had chance to play it yet, hope its not too short.

17. Chris3123

Arkham City "Armored Edition" announced for Wii U:

SuperHeroHype

It was a great game and all, but I don't really see this new version as worth getting unless you haven't played the regular version yet.

18. BlackFire3

I've played the new dlc and it was pretty good for the most part. but it was incredably short in my opinion and felt more like a larger challenge map then another chapter to the story as far as gameplay was concern. I'm also disapointed that you can't play as robin in the free-roam story mode, which was another set-back for me. considering the overall content, it should have sold for seven dollars than what it did go for.

I'm not saying it was a bad dlc, far from it, but it just seemed a little overpriced for what I got.