Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Found this. I observed it near end of walking Finn. Seemed friendly. When I took Finn out for the night, it was right by the door. It seemed to want to come indoors. It doesn't like Finn (dogs). We took it in, set up a crate in the bathroom. We think it's a she and she seemed to like the bathroom (why we set up the crate there in the first place).

[​IMG]

Our cat doesn't seem to care for a second cat around.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Aw! She's pretty. Maybe once she gets used to it, she and the other animals will get along better.

3. Finn

I just heard back from a local rescue group. The lady said pets are often abandoned in my part of town. I suspect the cat used to live in the building behind ours. There was a cat that looked a lot like this one who would sit by the window. I'd see it when I took the dog out. I don't think I've seen that cat in a while. Perhaps, it's the same cat and the owner(s) let it out when they moved out.

4. auntiehill

That's sad. I've never understood how people could do that. You're a good person for looking out for her.

5. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

Sometimes, when people move, they don't know that you have to keep the cat (or dog usually) inside for a couple of weeks so they acclimate to the new digs. Otherwise, they'll just run right back towards home...

6. Finn

I put up flyers around my part of town. I dont think it was from one of the apartments anymore. I got the feeling she's an outdoor cat with a family and house somewhere not far from here.

My wife's childhood cat used to disappear for days at a time because he found a family in a nearby subdivison who thought he was a stray. That cat was fed canned tuna. Of course that cat loved it.

7. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Cats: they'll do ya like that.

It could also be he got tired of her previous home and looked to adopt a new owner. I had seen that before in a BBC documentary called "The Secret Lives of Cats", but then I witnessed it first hand when the cat from across the street tried to adopt me (I can't afford it and live with somebody who has dogs), then when that failed, adopted the another house with cats. He compeltely ignores the old owners. He does, however, still come to me for treats and playing around since they leave him outside overnight and often during the day.

8. Shark

Shark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This thread makes me really miss my little buddies. Thanks all for sharing.

9. Finn

So we let Chloe go (the wife named it Chloe). It has been screaming all evening. She clearly likes us, but acted like she has some place to go to. I strongly believe she has a home a couple miles away but wandered so much two days ago so she decided to stay with us for the night.

I've heard stories of folks who had cats who disappear for days, including some old friends and even my own wife. Chloe must be one of those cats. Emma definitely is not.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. auntiehill

So cute! Looks like they could be ripped right out of a cat calendar.

12. Saga

13. auntiehill

^LOL! That's a great one.

14. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Great shots Saga! I so love this litter of kittens <3

15. Saga

thanks guys.

16. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

Sometimes I think my cats need this. Cat exorcism:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voU5p6JUsSo[/yt]

I mean, scratching at the bedroom door at 5am. Not cool guys!

17. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Problem is, cats all have some form of inherent evil. So any exorcisms would only be temporary. :p

18. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

Having crawled under my house in a rainstorm to find a stuck kitty, I agree.

19. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    I'm home recovering from surgery today. I just woke up from a nap and found this at my feet....

[​IMG]

20. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Can I ask for some opinions/advice from you fellow cat fanciers?

My boy Jack is 15 years old. He is still in good health, but he is becoming very clingy. He needs to be with me or Hubby all the time when we get home from work, and he cries when the last of us leaves in the morning.

I'm concerned that he is terribly lonely during the day. Would we be causing undo stress by introducing a companion cat at this late stage of his life, or would we be helping him?

I lean towards letting him live his final years in peace and let him enjoy being the centre of attention...but the thought of him having a friend to curl up with through the day makes me happy (but as a friend said...what makes me happy may make him very unhappy).

Argh. I just don't know what to do.