The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Classic Adam West series figures?

WANT! :drool: :cool:

I'm guessing the Penguin's cigarette holder plugs into a little hole in his teeth and can be removed.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The Romero Joker had better have the mustache.

3. cooleddie74

(*High fives OdoWan*)

I second that.

4. OdoWanKenobi

Exciting as these are, I do have to temper it with a bit of bad news. Word is that these are the only ones that Mattel has license to make:

Batman (Adam West)
    Robin (Burt Ward)
    Penguin (Burgess Meredith)
    Riddler (Frank Gorshin)
    Joker (Caesar Romero)
    Catwoman (Julie Newmar)

This means probably no Yvonne Craig Batgirl or Eartha Kitt or Lee Merriwether Catwoman. Also no other villains like King Tutt or Egghead. Still, I am more than thrilled the get the Dynamic Duo and the core four villains, especially if all of the figures come out looking as nice as those.

5. cooleddie74

Yeah, I'd have loved to have seen a big, Porkins-sized King Tut figure complete with royal feathered fans and a throne. Victor Buono was an awesome Batman villain and he'd make for a perfect and fun action figure given his size and facial expressions.

I'm a bit mystified they didn't greenlight a Batgirl. She was probably the most popular character on the show during its final season on the air.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Signs point to Craig being a holdout on her likeness. :(

7. OdoWanKenobi

Oh man! There's more!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A BATMOBILE! They're making an in scale Batmobile! And the Batman has a cloth cape so that he can sit in it! Well, that is a slight downside. They need to fix that cape a bit before release. Make it drape over him a bit better., but otherwise the figures look great.

8. cooleddie74

:wtf:

I think I need a change of underwear now.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those are absolutely amazing looking. I'll be getting the Batman and Batmobile for sure...the 60's series was really my introduction to the character so I have a soft spot for it :)

10. cooleddie74

It was one of my two introductions to Batman, the other being the DC comics of the late seventies.

It's after midnight and thus the first day of Toy Fair. Unless the current snowpocalypse in the Big Apple postpones or even cancels the event we should be getting our first pics from the floor within a matter of hours. The Hasbro presentation is supposed to commence at about 12:30pm East Coast time.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ahhh that time of year has started. Con season!!! Despite this lack of Hasbro Star Trek plans (apparently) I'm still excited to see what else is store this weekend. I'm sure we'll be in for a few surprises or two yet.

Mattel revealed it's 2013 MOTUC line yesterday I think...we're getting a Shokoti figure which I'm extremely excited about!!! Also some Castle Grayskull set pics I think were revealed. This one was one of the things I most wanted as a child but never got. It's way too expensive now but I'm glad they're finally releasing it.

12. cooleddie74

13. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

14. cooleddie74

I'm 38 and I have more than two thousand action figures from both the classic Kenner era (1978-85) and the modern lines.

I don't think you have anything to be self-conscious about. ;)

15. OdoWanKenobi

The Black Series cardback is pretty classy looking. I'll still tear it open and throw it away, but I'll feel more guilty doing so.

Also, I'm 25 and have shelf after shelf full of superheroes. It is perfectly normal, and you are among friends in this thread :)

16. Captain Picard.

Have you collected any Star Wars Lego yourself?

17. cooleddie74

It's simple. Elegant. To the point. Evocative of the carbon freezing chamber with all that black and orange. I'm very pleased that they didn't try to "kid it up" with any unnecessary, loud and even tacky pictures and colors.

18. cooleddie74

A few over the years, yeah, but my main focus has always been the 3-3/4" action figures and related ships and vehicles. I also have a lot of larger 12" figures.

19. Captain Picard.

How many storm troopers have you collected? My number stands at 78.

20. cooleddie74

I have about the same number. I haven't counted in a while but I have the classic Kenner Stormtroopers from the '70s and '80s, the Power of the Force 2 versions from the nineties and at least one or two of every other one that's been released since then. I also have lots of Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts and prequel Clone Troopers.

I also have about 70 (or more) Endor Rebel soldiers in the camouflage commando gear and more Battle Droids than any normal collector should even consider. :p