Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Endgame? No clue what that is, and I would like to keep it that way.

2. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, sorry if that counts. I considered using spoiler tags only to realize I had absolutely no idea how to implement them (seriously, I've never used them before), so I settled for wording it as vaguely as I thought I could.

3. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL, I think a lot of the Voyager fans here wish that was the case for them too :rommie:

LOL, that woulda been worth buying the boxset for alone.
    I definitely think a relationship between Kes and Seven would have been really interesting for both characters.

Talking of wasted potential, imagine how interesting "Infinite Regress" would have been if Seven had been posessed by actual, sentient beings from the vinculum. We're talking people's personalities preserved in this thing despite the fact their drone bodies had been destroyed. That's some interesting sci-fi, kind of like "Masks" but hopefully not as incomprehensibly shit.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Could have made it work?

The scripts are interchangable 99 percent of the time.

You know except when the say Borg, or Klingon, but most of the Borg Stuff is identical to the Klingon stuff anyway, it's all about pride, fear and secrets.

Putting Kes as the lead in Timless would have been interesting if the writers had the tact to contrast and compare with Before and After.

"Whoah. What's going on here? This is not the future? This is wrong, this is not supposed to happen this way. I have to put things right."

Which starts a Cross-Time Kes-War.

5. AdmiralScreed

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think that Harry was the best choice for the role. Seeing Harry grown up and mature in the future made for some interesting development. How different of a person would Kes have been 15 years later? Actually, to answer my own question she probably would have been dead because of the short Ocampan life spans.

6. AdmiralScreed

I don't know, with my track record I might end up loving Endgame. :shrug:

We'll have to wait and see.

7. You_Will_Fail

LOL I don't think Kes would have worked in Timeless, but she sure as hell would have had more interesting episodes than Harry got. As Kenneth Biller said in the extras for season 4, he regretted seeing Kes go because a lot of great potential sci-fi concept episodes went with her.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am so utterly bored by Kes. I cannot see the appeal. Sometimes she reminds me a bit of Troi too with all that breathy sweetness, the advice giving. I was very happy when she left.

9. Guy Gardener

Well lets go through all of season four, and list all the "Harry" episodes, and of all those "Harry" episodes, how many of them could Kes have subbed in for without any friction?

UM...

Demon?

That's it.

They fgure out that he's the most popular actor on the cast, destroy a little blond girls sense of well being and then they only award him 1 out of 26 episodes to showcase his amazing celebrity?

Thinking harder, I don't think Demon was really a singularly Harry Episode.

He gets 3 episodes in season 5, Nothing in season 6 and 1 episode in season 7.

It's almost like Berman resented writing for him.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. teacake

I would have rather they wrote Harry eps than Tom eps. But they would have to give him some kind of personality other than Tom's sidekick for that.

11. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Y'all misunderstood me.

I meant, even if Harry Kim had been cut from the show, that didn't preclude them from bringing Garrett Wang back 2 seasons later to film Timeless. My post had nothing to do with Kes.

My "hint, hint" was in reference to Fury.

12. teacake

If they had cut Harry and then brought him back for Timeless everyone would have been.. omg Harry is great, why did they get rid of him?!

13. tighr

And that's bad?

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens, no one is going to be voting for him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

14. teacake

I didn't say it was bad, just speculating on what we'd be posting if Harry was axed and came back for Timeless.

15. You_Will_Fail

Both Tom and Harry sucked to be honest. Tom was the most pathetic "bad boy" character ever. I hate when people pretend like he went through this big character arc from bad boy to family man, because it was more like wet rag to inconsiderate douche with a girlfriend.

16. teacake

I completely agree about Tom. I enjoyed some of his boyhood hijinks with Harry (Proton etc..) but none of that had anything to do with the character they set him up as. I was hoping they would get all slashy after Chute but that didn't happen either.

17. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think it would work with Kes.
    You'd need somebody with ties to Starfleet to steal the Delta Flyer. She's need engineering knowledge o feel guilty about making the mistake that got them all killed
    Without giving to much away,
    We know from "Fury", Kes learns she can time travel just by drawing power from a warp core. "Timeless" would have been all of 15mins long with Kes in the lead role.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  18. tighr

I was hoping they would have done more with Tom being a prodigy at being a pilot, but he never really did anything too "extreme" flight-wise. Sure, he did more things as a pilot than most of the other crew, but nothing truly spectacular as a result of his pilot skills. I'm talking Anakin Skywalker level flyboy status. He was just a regular dude who sat at the helm. Anybody could do that, and I would have preferred to look at Lt. Stadi or Ens. Jenkins.

19. Guy Gardener

Yesterdays Enterprise and Sela Yar were awesome, but I can't fathom how quickly a few more seasons of Tasha could have brought down the whole house of cards...

No one really "replaced" Crosby outright, like with how Polaski OUTRIGHT replaced Bev.

I wonder where Denise's salary got diverted to?

They just decided to reduce the cast, or did Dorn graduate into the majorsand his pay stubs swelled accordingly?

If Crosby stayed, Dorn would never have been made into a full cast member and intead leveled off as a colourful c-lister like O'Brien or Morn... There's a modicum of a chance that if she stayed on TNG, it would have been she who transitioned into DS9, and then she who married Dax.

(Imagine if the Season Four threat was Romulans led by Sela, and not Klingons led by Gowron. "Curzon told me once that in the long run, the only people who can really handle the Klingons are Klingons. Get me Starfleet Command." becomes "Curzon told me once that in the long run, the only people who can really handle women are their mothers. Get me Starfleet Command. )

Although, Selar should have stuck her head in for the last couple seaosns when DS9 was being all friendly to the Romulans for their alliance with the Federation against the Dominion was rattified.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  20. Mandingo

Mandingo Cadet Newbie

I too am new to the Voyager Series. I just got it, and I am up to Season 5 disk 6, already. It gets better some and worst. Jennifer Lein leaves the show, Jeri Ryan gets introduced and steals the show and seems like the future episodes as well. They even have episodes with a kid in there, I do not know who the hell thought of that. The kid was a waste of a good "Sci-Fi" hour. None of the more serious Treks, i.e. Original and TNG, would have never had such passive episode with kids being kids, unless there was some dark, suspense and threating reasoning behind it.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.