BLSSDWLF's TOS Enterprise WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by blssdwlf, Apr 24, 2010.

1. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@BK613 @StarCruiser - thanks for the references :techman: Yep looks just like the 3424 with maybe a different flap. I'm probably going to tweak the buttons to match them better but probably not go beyond that since the overall geometry is pretty close.

I thought so too but I could never get a good match on one though. The ends seem too wide compared to the one on the set but I'll try again when I switch to Kirk's conference room. Below is a top view of the Burke tables from one of their brochures ranging from 6' to 24' tables.
    [​IMG]

BK613 and Lt. Washburn like this.
  2. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

3. blssdwlf

Texturing of the briefing room controller from "The Cage". Definitely need to work on that table and monitor geometry next.

[​IMG]

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Until I read some older posts at this site about this "device", I just assumed it was something built specifically for the pilot. But just as we may smirk or roll our eyes upon seeing an easily recognized item minimally redressed for some current or "recent" movie or TV production (this counts "streaming"), I bet some office employees in 1966 saw this prop and said, "Aww, come on, really? That's an intercom system! We use the same model at work!"

5. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Remember all the scorn that the new Picard series got when they represented a replicator with an off-the-peg 3D printer?
    Now we know it was just a homage to The Cage! :hugegrin: :guffaw:

Tallguy, StarCruiser and blssdwlf like this.
  6. blssdwlf

The OG before The Original Scientists! :D

LOL, yeah. Saving on the props budget by re-purposing other stuff seems to be a time-honored tradition :) Of course nowadays looking at it I could imagine it having other functions.:angel:

One more render. This time I've discovered "Rounded Edges" and how to use them in Octane. It's subtle but saves me from having to model in more geometry. I do wish that there was more documentation on how Octane works for Lightwave.

Now to make a better table...
    [​IMG]

BK613, StarCruiser and scifieric like this.
  7. scifieric

scifieric Captain Captain

VERY pretty!

blssdwlf likes this.
  8. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or JJ's supermarket scanners!

blssdwlf likes this.
  9. blssdwlf

Switching to the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" conference/briefing room. Getting a much better angle on the conference table and I can see that I didn't get the curve wide enough.

[​IMG]

BK613, Henoch, scifieric and 2 others like this.
  10. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Captain Captain

This is great!

scifieric likes this.
  11. blssdwlf

After doing another eyeballing camera match from a second angle I believe I have the proper shape of this boat-style conference table. It's approximately 10' long.

[​IMG]

BK613, Lt. Washburn, Henoch and 3 others like this.
  12. blssdwlf

And now renders with the improved table back in "The Cage" set :) The black inset/groove? is larger on the actual table but I'm okay with what I've modeled so far and probably won't go back and tweak it.
    [​IMG]

and of "The Cage" conference/briefing room table from different angles.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    CorporalCaptain, Donny, BK613 and 2 others like this.
  13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I have seen similar CB phones.
    No cell bill!

I used to have a stereo with a joystick that controled a dot on what looked like a radar display—for speakers though.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    blssdwlf likes this.
  14. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Bravo! You deserve a Dr. Boyce special martini.:beer:

blssdwlf likes this.
  15. Mytran

I like the 3 exits, makes the room very accessible!
    :techman:

blssdwlf likes this.
  16. blssdwlf

On the WNMHGB set I spent a few minutes lining up the ceiling disk and it seems like the outer ring was raised a few inches compared to the center ring/tube and the angled struts were re-positioned. I'll post some updated renders when I re-color the set.

I'm taking a break from the interiors and dusting off my Enterprise model. The model has some adjustments based on new high-res imagery that I recently found online. The Smithsonian has this pretty awesome image of Linwood Dunn filming the Enterprise model. I had seen low-res version before but was amazed to find some high resolution versions. :D

[​IMG]

17. Mytran

Wait, there were TWO supports!
    How have I missed this before???

18. blssdwlf

Same here. If you look at the original photo, the two supports are being used on a later version of the Enterprise (Season 1 or later). Maybe it was discovered that the model needed additional support later on? https://airandspace.si.edu/multimedia-gallery/426072299jpg

BK613 and StarCruiser like this.
  19. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

This is looking great, @blssdwlf! I've been quite absent from the forums in the last couple of months but I like stopping in to see what you're up to!

JonnyQuest037 and blssdwlf like this.
  20. blssdwlf

Thanks Donny! I was thinking of you too. I've like only gone thru about a third of your threads since last year and saw how much you've done and am just in awe :techman::techman::techman:

I hope you're doing well :beer: