What bridge design do you like?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by AdmiralSteven, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The bridge of the original Enterprise as seen in the original Star Trek television series.

2. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I don't think they ever specifically show or say where it goes. However, if it Voyager's layout is anything like the Enterprise D, the bridge had other rooms around it on the same deck which could be accessed through that extra door off the Observation Lounge/Briefing Room (There was another turbolift to get there as well, it wasn't just accessable through the Obs. Lounge).

I was a little disappointed when it wasn't quite the same in each movie, luckily they made it VERY similar, a lot more similar than the bridge of the A between TOS movies...

3. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I completely forgot to mention... I like the Enterprise D bridge from Generations. The extra computer stations down the sides, the change in colors, subdued lighting, make it seem so much more like a bridge than it did originally, and the D had the layout I liked best in the first place.

4. Captan_Picard

Captan_Picard Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Boring!

5. Captan_Picard

Heres a trully awesome bridge.

People really should get more creative!

I swear the main post was created with me in mind!

lol.

Ok...Picture this....

You will have to close your eyes to picture it. Its not simple.

Its a combo of the 2 widely loved bridges, Enterprise-D & E.

Both of each have its positives and negitives. I am about to take the positives of each.

However I want to introduce a new bridge design shape.

The bridge is shaped like a dull chipped head arrow with a different back end.

The front of the bridge is the chipped arrow, running a short distance where the main viewer. The veiwer isn't like any other which I will explain later.

The sides run up angular, like a arrow does midway to equal legths, then runs forward for the legths of 2 standard doorways.

The left will be bare, but the right will contain 2, the first, enters to the Captains Ready Room.

The second to the right holds the ships room where they hold there meetings. The Captains Ready room has a door adjacent to this so he/she will NOT have to return to the bridge to gain access as this would look somewhat strange and ineffecent. I wish for them to hold there meetings closer because about HALF of them would be going to the bridge when there is a emergency. Half the time when a emergency happens they are located here.

lol.

Back to the bridge, the back of the bridge from both angles from the mid point have the curves have the half circle shape that the Enterprise-D has in its back. But this one has broader sides before its curvature as the new Enterpise bridge design is larger. the right side of the circle has 2 turbo lift access ways. The left part of the curve in the back contains a emergency hatch for evacuation.

Questions: Why do I have two Turbo lifts? Because the Enterprise-F bridge proposition has more crew manning stations as the Enterprise F has more people manning the bridge than other ships.

OK, outside of the ready room, adjacent at midpoint between the Ready room and the conferance room across the right bridge isle has a metal steal bar with a Similar setup of its curveiture matching from the Enterprise D. The ramp from the Enterprise D also exists. Below like the Enterprise-D, the 3 chairs exist, above tactical exists and is much longer like the barrowed propisition of the Enterprise-D from the alternate universe Dark Mirror book as the weopons have increased.

Forward swinging stations exist from the Enterprise-D which include Conn & Science. They swing like the Enterprise-D, but are oval shaped to make access easier.

There are concels on the back part of the oval for the functions like The Enterprise D has.

They include: Scence 1 & 2, Life Support, Engeneering. There is always 2 people manning each Science station and 2nd will act as back-up. Science is also responsible for Life Support as regularly adjustments will not need to be made. 2 people instead of 1 at tactical, but only the tactical officor of rank will speak to the room. The second may converse with each other. If the tactical commander goes down, until they regain the ability to do there job, the secondary takes over. In a emergency sitaution if necessary someone could also man life support.

If you do the math: 3 commanders, 2 forward stations, 2 at tactical, 2 science. This is the minimum. thats 9 officors.. Max 11.

Not to mention random people who may need to see the captain. and the turbo lifts serve other parts of the ship. People GOING to the bridge should NOT have to wait for a lift on this vast ship.

-Continued to next message....-

6. Captan_Picard

Ok, I think I need to move on to adding more detail.

It would look like this Shape:

/|
    \|

Sorry its pore, but thats the best I can do at the moment

Above, is a dome which is adapted to the shape of the ship desighn. It spans the full arrow.

The walls are the same color as the Enterprise-E, but are carpet instead of steal.

The floors run way is a black carpet which is part of the rest of the floor, the front part goes in a arrow in front of the captains chair and the tip ends in between the two forward stations.

The sides are a lighter grey.

The endges of all the councels have a comfort type card which is red.

Now, before we continue, the next message will contain a image of the ship. I did NOT desighn the exterior of the ship.

Only came up with the desighns for the interior.

After that. continue on to the next message.

7. Captan_Picard

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

The bridge of the USS Enterprise as seen in the original series will always hold a special place in my imagination.

9. Captan_Picard

Ok,

I will continue this another day. I had a bunch typed. But I lost it. I'm hungry and pissed. For some reason the web page refreshed. Blame the site. LOL.

Anyway I hate retyping crap.

As for the response. Grow up. The OS ship wasn't that well designed and you should make room for new designs.

Later.

10. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

Yeah, but just imagine the kinds of shenanigans that could go on behind the Captain's back. :lol:

I like the original bridge layout best, because the Captain can take in everything going on with a swivel-glance.

(Although, having his back to the door doesn't seem too wise to me -- he could have a quicker reaction time to intruders if the door was forward.)

11. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lulz. You wouldn't say that if you knew how much more logical and efficent the TOS bridge is than the rest of them.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Captan_Picard, please don't post so many times in a row. Use the edit feature instead.

13. NIUPonyBoy

NIUPonyBoy Captain Captain

I like Star Trek VI's Ent-A bridge.

14. Captan_Picard

Ive seen the bridge, not very effecent. Please don't let this be another moron attack board. Really. The bridge I created is very effecient.

15. Captan_Picard

Oh. God. cry your heart out. Another post on not liking how the post is. instead read the damn post and tell me what you think with a monocome of sense. I don't type it all into one window because I don't know the message boards text limit and that was a lot to type. And the last one was quite long before I stopped and tried to post. It didn't post. So I dropped out and didn't describe the Medical bay & the corridors. But since then I have refined the bridge. Every few feet there is a break in all locations, including the bridge in the carpating for a duratanium bulkhead or some peace for support made out of duratanium. These are for main support and only run about 6 inches in width and run floor to ceiling every 10 feet. Although the bridge is every 7. Some corridors may have a little more width. Where the emergency lights at the top of the wall on the bridge, where the emergency lights stand is a duratanium bulkhead made to run the room, & a plate extends down on to the emergency lights. These matching plates run in necessary places for the ship which have the emergency lights which includes besides the bridge is: Sickbay, Engeneering, corridors. Even in quarters a plate or 2 can be found with the lights in the main entryway to alert its patrons of a emergency.

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captain_Picard, cool your impulse thrusters. You're getting aggro over nothing.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think it might be a good time to point out that I'm a moderator and doing my job. That's what the rules say, I can't help it, I'm just letting you know :)

18. Captan_Picard

looks like I found another crap site. Because I am speaking within the topic.

I do not know the font limit of a post or if it is unlimited, and not to mention a post didn't post.

I am not angry over nothing.

There are NOT many trekies local to me and so far I cant find any decent trekies out there on the web.

We got the startrek.com moron boards.

People getting into one piss fight after another, alls I want to do is talk trek in peace and I am speaking within the topic.

So, if you want me to try for fewer posts,

have the server operators:

1) Fix there servers so posts go threw.
    2) Either make the text limit be known, so when I reply I see the limit and how many I typed so far or to make the text a unlimited number.

I did not see the moderator below your user name...lol. I suggest you make that known when your going formal so I know if your just chatting or not.

Back to the topic:

Engines/The ships weopon/Sheilding capabilities are now listed:

*Standard Photon torpedos.
    *Quantom Torpedo's (from the enterprise-E.
    *Armor and torpedo's from endgame.
    *Numerous technologies from the ship the Doctor appeared on in message in a bottle:
    *Abladive haul Armor
    *Regenerative sheilds.
    *Its prototype phasor technology
    *NOTE: It does not have multi vector assault mode do to a incompadibilities
    with the armor technology.
    *Phasor upgrades introduced by a borg drone from the 29th century which grew on Voyager.
    *The Enterprise F is also in violation of the Treaty of Algeron as it has a Federation cloaking device aboard.
    *Primary & secondary warp core - the secondary warp core is in use as an act of a new technology to sustain a warp threshold for longer periods...however if the primary warp core is lost it can be converted to serve as the primary in 2 to 3 hours. (TIME TO CONVERT MAY VERY DO TO NUMBER OF OFFICORS WORKING ON THE TASK OR SHIPS CONDITIONS)
    *The Enterprise F's primary warp core can be converted within 3 hours to go to transwarp using the prototype technology intvented on Voyager in the delta quadrent. However this requires benamite crystals which are extremely hard to harvest & only can be kept for 24 hours and then are lost. Voyager had stopped using it do to a sensor issue which had been solved.

19. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Oh man, there are days when I just love the Trek BBS! :lol:

20. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Um, Captan, no one's yelling at you or telling you your posting off topic. No one's getting pissy or starting fights.

And I've never met a moderator over my 10 years of message board experience who ever started a post by saying, "BEHOLD! I AM THE MODERATOR AND THIS I DECREE..." :)