Random stuff like to see in ST3

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phasers to stun

Phasers to stun Cadet Newbie

First, I'd like the cold opening to be a scene from an early on TOS episode. Maybe a digest version of the last 2 acts of Balance of Terror, though it would be kind of tough to speed up the tension from that episode and not to mention a little sacrilegious.

Then during the opening credits they can do some quick cuts of episodes from the original run. A quick shot of Kirk and a Gorn, Spock with a goatee, the Enterprise firing on The Doomsday Machine, etc...

After the credits you can do a quick mention of Janice Lester and then start a whole new story set during TOS' 4th season.

Oh, another thing I'd like to see is a little wear and tear on the Enterprise. She's been out there a few years so let it show. I'd liked Voyager but to me not dirtying her was a big drop of the ball.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    If they can scan time like 24th century Trekkers scan space, and view all these timelines effortlessly, there's definitely room for them to find out about the Abramsverse if the writers want them to.

Not that I think they will. Although I guess that choice central to ST3's plot which co-writer J.D. Payne was talking about could be whether to restore the Prime history or not (despite what was said after ST'09 came out, they have ample wiggle room to change their minds and say it was overwritten if they want). It would certainly be a very Trek-centric plot for a 50th anniversary special and one which fans would have very passionate feelings for or against.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd kinda like to see them adapt "The Enterprise Incident" as a teaser. Though I'm torn as to who should play Charvanek (the Romulan commander in that ep). Perhaps the same actress who played the mother from HIMYM?

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Spock Prime should go to the Nexus and the last scene should be him hanging out with the "echo" of Kirk Prime.

5. Spockkirk

Spockkirk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here is what I would like to see:

Kirk, Spock and McCoy with a deeper friendship

Spock looking after Kirk and helping him through PTSD

McCoy and Spock banter

Sulu and Chevo scenes

Scotty scenes

Khan coming back maybe?

6. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

...what in the HELL are "photo man nips" and do they have anything to do with 'Takes's idea and Jolene?...oh, and can someone come pick me up?...car is in the shop... :drool: :guffaw:

7. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

...WONderful!...but only if his head is slightly askew, to the left, in that "...I am curious..." tilt...yes yes...can you imagine the letters and the chatter?...

'King Daniel for Set Dresser!" :techman:

8. Robert_T_April

Robert_T_April Captain Captain

Actually, 5 years after Into Darkness in the new timeline I believe is still 6-7 years BEFORE the events of TMP.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Photomanip = photo manipulation. Photoshopping. I.E. Sticking a pope hat on Bob Orci.
    I think that would be my dream job!

*waits for phone call from Bad Robot*

10. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

yes but as with most things in the nu-niverse the TMP era would have been reached far earlier

11. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

looking at the OP list again - good to see Shatner is happening. now for the rest!

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If The Shat does, indeed, show up for STAR TREK "3" then I hope he appears in it without his rug, for the very first time. They wouldn't have to make any mention of it, or anything, just show Shatner - and Kirk - as finally being Proud Bald. I wouldn't even care if Shatner went on interviews after and pretended like his baldness is only very 'recent.' It would still be glorious ...

13. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd love to see:
    - more alien worlds, what is happening to new vulcan and more vulcans (or just more Sarek)
    - Uhura speaking alien languages
    - more character development for characters who are not Kirk and Spock and more character development for Spock (versus having to read the comics to know he had a PTSD after what happened to Vulcan)
    - Uhura and McCoy interacting and being the voice of reason
    or alternatively, them being exasperated at Kirk and Spock, lol
    - more spock/uhura romance... perhaps know more about how they got together (or some reference to what was said in the comics) AND I want to see them having more fun with the fact that he's a vulcan and thus all the vulcan culture. Let them share some alien gesture that tells us more about the vulcans. You have a human/alien couple have more fun with the potential of it!
    - in general more interactions between all the crew
    - I'd like to see different places aboard the enterprise beside the bridge, sickbay, engineering, transport bay

14. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    That would be EPIC.

Seriously, I don't get the problem with baldness. Sisko shaves his head and that's cool, but actually losing your hair is...bad? *shrugs*

15. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to see no one die and no villain. It's happened before in a Trek film, Star Trek IV. And it's much closer to what happened in the TV shows. If they just make those two rules for themselves then it's already a substantially different movie, with more of a focus on problem-solving than firepower.

16. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Personally, I'd like an original bloody story, rather than recycling. Something new in the universe.

17. xavier

xavier Commander

Kirk actually taking responsibility of sleeping with women randomly. the whole thing with Christine Chapel did not fly with me

An orignal story. NO MORE BIG HORMAGES to the past. A little easter eggs are fine but no more big homages. like the reenactment of spock's death in Into Darkness.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

A completely sane Janice Lester commanding a starship, even if it gets destroyed five minutes later.

19. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to see a transporter accident ala TMP with real gruesome modern special effects. Stuff to be talked about and give people nightmares for years on.

The TMP novelization has a short description thad seemed more horrible than what was seen on the movie. But the movie had that frightening scream.

I want both at the same time.

20. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I watched TMP as a kid and that scream haunted me for years. So yes, so gruesome horror would be a welcome addition to ST3. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.