the Wolverine trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok but its hard not to when they nitpick about that kind of stuff...six months away and we're touching on that. No offense to the poster.

2. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Advocating basic logic and basic continuity is being fanboyish? The reason I raise this question is because if the filmmakers appear to be lazy in regards to minor - but obvious - things like this, then what else will they be lazy with? I agree it's too early to tell, but my doubts are raised.

Although according to Wikipedia I have nothing to fear about the Deadpool thing(which is the main reason I'll see this movie. Fuck Wolverine.), so my doubts are a little at ease.

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

In the original 90's X-Men cartoon there was an episode that is almost identical in premise to this movie -- Wolverine and Sabretooth go back to Weapon X, battle it out, and we get flashbacks to both of them prior Weapon X, where Sabretooth looked a lot more human and less feral. Interestingly enough Silver Fox was also featured, where she was murdered and then came back, somehow.

I have no problem suspending my belief that Sabretooth merely got more feral as time went along. This is, after all, suppose to take place twenty years before the original X-Men. While I like continuity as much as the next guy, this is a comic-book movie. We got people with claws coming out of their hands, becoming "diamond"-ized, jumping and flying around, crashing through walls. I think I can suspend my belief that Sabretooth doesn't look "exactly" like he did in the first movie.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Hey, don't knock the gritty realism of X-Men! For all you know, someday human mutation won't be about having extra fingers or defective DNA, but instead give you supermodel looks, a rock-hard body and the ability to shoot lasers out of your eye!

6. Siwilliams

Siwilliams Fleet Captain

7. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

The trailer looks very good.

8. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

mustnotgettooexcitedmustnotgettooexcitedmustnotgettooexcited

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, does someone have a direct link to the large hi-def trailer?

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I wonder how much they will take from the Origin comic book. Will they keep the names? The back story? Dog?
    It looks like they kept his father's death and the bone claws.

11. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

It doesn't look to me like they're going too much into his early years; mostly appears to be based on Windsor-Smith's Weapon X.

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

who plays Emma Frost?

13. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

The last shot with Wolverine hanging on the helicopter looks incredibly cheap, like an outtake from an episode of The Fall Guy, or something. Yikes...