Chris Pike as a diplomat for New Vulcan

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by PikeFan, Feb 26, 2011.

1. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

Hey I thought the idea was cool enough for its own thread!

Background:

With the destruction of Vulcan, Prime Spock and Chris Pike team up to help the Vulcans deal with their new situation.

At some point in the series, Spock (Prime) confesses to Pike about his timeline's Pike.

2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Nimoy would never do it.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Nor would Bruce Greenwood. And anyway, what exactly is the series going to be about? 'Deal with their situation' how? You're basically talking about a political/ refugee rescue situation. Doesn't really grab me as a ratings winner.

4. Kai "the spy"

This is an idea that could work as a novel, but not as a TV show. In fact, wasn't there one like this among those announced, but then canceled?

5. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

*shrugs* I was thinking there could be some native species they didn't know of...

*hides*

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would Spock Prime tell Pike what happened to him in the prime universe? That could not possibly help. "By the way, you're burned to a crisp and can only beep"? I wouldn't want to hear that.

As for the Vulcans, why would they need help 'dealing' with anything? The survivors have a new colony and can start anew. These are Vulcans, after all. Emotionally controlled.

7. ColeMercury

ColeMercury Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's interesting enough to work into future movies, as a subplot or a background detail, but as a series by itself there's not much going for it.

8. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Well you could bring nuSybok into things somewhere along the line. I could see him seeking out Spock, Prime or Nu once he learned what happened. Vulcan being obliterated and a version of his brother from the future seems like the sort of thing that might bring a prodigal son home. Not that it would be a reimagining of ST:V although you could still have him on some quest or another. But this is a much earlier point in his life than he was in ST:V.

Not sure how that would fit into any movie or show or episode of a show, but since he seemed to have lived off world for a long time, he probably survived and some way of bringing him in might be interesting. With such a small number of Vulcans, he might think tha this image of a new Vulcan might seem to have a new life. Could be anyhow.

9. the skullcowboy

the skullcowboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Aww come on, she's just a huge fan of the pike-mythos, though its not a real wide mythos at this time, there is potential to expand on it, granted I don't believe this idea would work as a series but perhaps as a book, plus I have seen worse ideas posted, hell I've posted most of them! lol

PikeFan...is there more substance to your idea? I mean have you thought out how it would unravel?

10. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

now, if you have Spock and Pike team up to solve crimes and have car chases you're onto a winner.

Needs a dog too.

11. Kai "the spy"

^^ "Lethal Vulcan 1".