BATMAN 3 RUMOR next Villian??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PKerr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait!!!! I got it!!! Kane as Bane!!!

OK, what do I win? Shouldn't I win at least a cookie for that?

Now then, I hate to be somewhat of a spoiler sport, but I haven't seen TDK, but I thought Two-Face was supposed to be the next villian? Did Harvey buy it in the end?

2. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I dont know about that, Ledger's Joker was ok, but nothing special in my opinion.

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

The next Villian doesn't need to be Catwoman or Penguin or Riddler. These are just gimmick villians if you used them in Nolan's films, these Villians aren't the Direction this movie series is going in. Batman is on the run. Hunted. It's better to find a less known Villian that fits into this story and Nolan's universe.

I'd like to see a story about the Police Hunting down Batman while Gordon at the same time is trying to remove corrupt cops from the Force. A villian or semi bad guy like Hugo Strange could be introduced, who intends to discover who the Batman is or convince other criminals to take on a vigilante role and take down the Dark Knight.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Adding fuel to the fire: IMDB is reporting that Jolie is asking for pointers on how to portray Catwoman.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Having Jolie as Catwoman would be a mistake. People won't be seeing Catwoman on the screen, they'd be seeing Angelia Jolie. Basically, it'd be repeating some of the issues people have with the Burton/Schumacher films. If Catwoman is used, I suspect it'll be played by someone we least expect.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

That's what I'm thinking, but I also remember when Heath Ledger was announced to play the Joker. I had the exact same thought. And look how that turned out...

7. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scott Tipton over at Comics 101 weighs in with his predictions. Pretty reasonable guess work - much of what we've seen here - but I have to disagree with his assessment we'll see Dent again. I'm of the school that he is as dead you get, and that Nolan's not in the resurrection business. But, that's only my guess.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I'm really thinking that we haven't seen the end of Dent. I know that he's supposed to be dead, but I don't think he's going to be.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

He looked awfully dead to me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dent show up in flashbacks or dream sequences--Batman is probably going to be having a hard time dealing with things in a third movie--what better way to show that than a bad dream with Harvey in it?

Hey, it worked for BTAS...

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maggie and Aaron both signed on for two pictures.

They probably faked Dents funeral just like they faked Gordon's and Rachel is obviously Catwoman. One life down. 8 to go. Catwoman is the illegitimate daughter of Carmine Falcone, or at least Selina Kyle is in the comics, not that there's been too much certainty that Selina Kyle was ever her real name.

11. Thematically, Dark Knight works better if he's dead.

However, i do think there's narrative value in having him hidden away in Arkham, IF it were revealed to the public. There's this air of inevitability about Dark Knight's ending, where you kind of know, Bat/Gordon's charade has to fall apart.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

By the time they Start filming The Rise of The Catwoman, retroactive, even foreplanned retroactive changes to dark Knight, it won't effect the 2nd movie's final take at all... In fact it might cause everyone to rehire the first two movies looking for clues that Rachel is the Catwoman and that Harvey Survived.

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

While I am pretty sure that both are dead, I could buy Harvey being alive more than Rachael. I'm sorry, but the whole 9-lives thing was a Burton original and was never in the comics. Also, I think Nolan will have more sense then to resurrect anything from Batman Returns.

14. Mr. Fergy

Mr. Fergy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As long it's a competent Luthor, not Kevin Spacey. he's a great actor but a terrible Luthor.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't Rob Cohen going to direct the next Batman movie and call it 2 Dark 2 Knight? The bad guys are going to be a bunch of EXTREME criminals who are really into EXTREME crimes and EXTREME stunts. And then Two-Face will appear as the mastermind and get to say the punny line, "It's too dark tonight."

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:is all I have to say.

17. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Many have suggested Angelina Jolie as Catwoman. I dont think she would be a good choice:borg: If the cat will be as villain, that is.
    Let me suggest someone else: Naomi Watts:)
    I know at first though it may sound like bad idea but shes very talented actress, and i think she would look good with black hair,too.
    What do others think?

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

With all this rumor about Riddler it reminds me of all the hype about Joker potentially being in the sequel for "Begins"(the card at the end started it)

Maybe this hype for the Riddler will become reality

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

^ Where did that come from?

20. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

^Internet fanboys.