What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished the main storyline of AC:Brotherhood last night. Holy shit, what an ending. I don't get the criticisms I've heard....I had goosebumps, and can't wait for the next game in the series. Going to keep playing for a few more days at least to do some more of the side missions and up my synch level.

2. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I've been looking for another WoW (am unhappy with the current actual WoW) and so this seems to be working out rather well for me.

Things I'm glad aren't in Rift-
    1. Cross-realm dungeon finder
    2. Flying mounts
    3. Recount
    4. Gearscore

Rift's visual aesthetic does have some issues but just out of curiosity did you make it to the capital city? I thought that was rather well done.

What I meant by the maturity of the world I meant more like it takes itself somewhat seriously. There are elf type races and people type races but everyone more or less looks like a person, no giant cartoon cows or impossibly lanky trolls with Jamaican voices. That's part of what is fun with WoW, true, but something that plays a bit more as straight fantasy is nice for a change. I'd forgotten what that kind of game world was like.

3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

The Sims 2, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, GTA San Andreas, and Star Wars Battlefront have gotten some action in the past week.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I actually loved the cross-realm dungeon finder until Cataclysm hit and then it became absolutely horrible, especially for a DPSer. 45 minute waits just to fail and have your crappy tank or healer drop party after one attempt just wore on my last WoW nerve. I do like the speed of flying mounts and recount and gearscore are useful tools, but far too heavily relied upon. If Rift lasts and is really successful, I bet money you'll start seeing add-ons for that in the same vein. I did see the capital city and it was neat enough, I guess. I just wasn't blown away by anything graphically. It wasn't awful, but there wasn't much to it either.

I do see what you're saying and that all is a huge part of WoW's charm, but I can definitely understand the urge to play something a bit more mature. I just don't think this is the one for me. I'm also on a bit of an MMO hiatus now so that I can actually build some enthusiasm for TOR.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars comes out today. So I'll be picking it up on the way out of work tonight, and then we'll probably start it tomorrow.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

For the time being I've suspended my Assassin's Creed I & II & Brootherhood marathon playthrough to get my Dragon Age II on :mallory:

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has anyone played the new DLC for Brotherhood yet? According to wikipedia a new DLC pack with a mission focusing on the search for a missing Da Vinci came out on the 8th.

8. Bishop76

Haven't played it yet - probably will grab it tonight once I finish up DA2

9. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Just finished Assassin's Creed 2, now playing Dark Void. Surprisingly not as bad as I expected, and Bear McCreary's music is excellent. After that, I'll be seeing the ME2 DLC next week!

10. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I've been stuck on GTA: San Andreas since New Year's - there are so many things to do in that game, it's definitely one of the more complex games I've ever played. Plus it's just cool to wander around. I spent a good 2 weeks of gaming time just exploring. I have literally a box full of other PS2 games I want to get to - From Russia with Love, a Tomb Raider, Destroy All Humans, as well as two other GTA games - but so far GTA: SA has been my main game.

I just found the below comment from back in July 2010. If Goliath is still in the house, could he elaborate as to how GTA: SA broke his PS2?

Alex

11. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't get what people's problem with that game was. I picked it up dirt cheap last year and found it to be a fun game. I loved flying around with the jetpack, and the gameplay mechanics were pretty good. Switching between ground and air combat kept it from getting boring. I even bought the DLC off PSN and did those missions too.

12. Bishop76

Just finished Dragon Age 2 - another solid Bioware entry. Probably going to give Alan Wake a go as my next single player game.

Also tried out the multi-player of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and holy crap is it good! So much better than any of the CoDs or HALOs... Actual strategy and non-twitch online combat? I love it!

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finally got my copy of Mass Effect 2 yesterday, so I started playing that. I already beat on my PC (as a soldier) so now I'm playing as an infiltrator.

14. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Bulletstorm. I love it!

15. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally blasting my way through Red Dead Redemption. It's one of those start playing at 8pm, see the sun coming up seemingly an hour or two later and thing "Oh shit! There goes my sleep schedule!" games.

16. Bishop76

Yeah, Red Dead is a life sucker.

I'm working through Alan Wake, which has some frustrating control issues in combat, but is otherwise a pretty cool story so far.

17. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Wars:Rogue Leader for the Gamecube.

18. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Currently playing:

Infinite Space on the DS...and NBA2k7 on the PS2...and, of course, Dynasty Warriors 3 on the PS2.

I may go back to an oldie but goodie, Tomb Raider 2 for PS1 later on.

19. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Started ME2 again in anticipation of the new DLC and finished Overlord for one of my character.

20. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and so far i am loving it! The story is gripping and the controls are my kind of easy. It's like a great book that I can't wait to finish and pick up the next installment.