Arex and M'Ress..?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Morpheus 02, May 10, 2009.

?

Should

1. DEFINITELY they need to be in the sequel!

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. It would be cool if they were there, but not necessary

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Only Arex should appear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only M'Ress should appear

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Don't care

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. They should NOT appear in a sequel or other media!

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After reading this thread, and noting the (apparent) success of the film...i am assuming a sequel is in the works.

If so, do you want to see some other aliens, such as Arex & M'ress from TAS having a guest spot in the sequel

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm. CGI catwoman done with the power of ILM?

Yeah, I'd watch that.

3. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were great for a Saturday morning cartoon but I don't think I'd want to see them in a film.

Then again, like everything I've said about this new series; if it's cool I don't really care. So it would depend on how they did it.

4. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

A bit gimmicky, only if they advance the story, we already have enough characters to give screen time to.

5. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

I don't really care - we already have a fairly large ensemble cast to work with and I only really care about them. I'll take more from Sulu or Chekov over some cat woman anyday.

6. Shim

Shim Lieutenant Red Shirt

Someone mentioned it before in another thread, but I reckon Arex looks a lot like this guy (it's a comparison pic) it says his name is "Alnschloss K'Bentayr" and he was on the bridge of the Kelvin.

7. Cephas

Cephas Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be cool just to seem them in the background on the bridge. They don't necessarily need to have speaking parts. I'd hate to see Arex become Trek's Jar Jar.

8. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Lieutenant Red Shirt

M'Ress wouldn't even have to be CGI. If anyone has seen the cat people make-up from the New Earth Doctor Who episode a few years, this could be done to make a live-action Caitian.

[​IMG]

M'ress could be an actress in make-up, with maybe some CGI elements later added, like the medic with the crazy eyes from the Kelvin.

Arex of course would have to be totally CGI. ;)

J

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I don't see why they couldn't be in the background. M'Ress could replace Uhura at Communications or be sitting beside her in a scene. Maybe Chekov goes on an away mission and Arex takes Navigation...

10. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

if they actually let some of arex personality show through he would make an interesting addition.
    especially since he is a bit older then the rest of the crew.

11. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both Arex and M'Ress were separately vacationing on Vulcan when it was destroyed.

We will never see either of them in any future Trek production, unless Q shows up and decides to get mean towards the fans.

12. jabber9432

jabber9432 Ensign Newbie

It would require lots of CGI and/or makeup. As I remember, neither of them have legs that bend like a humans, so just makeup on the face won't cut it. And both have extra parts (M'Ress's tail and Arex's third arm and leg).

It would be nice to see a cameo, but I'm afraid a full CGI character with a large part could turn too unbelievable or cartoonish like Jar Jar.

13. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Everything is cool, "if done well".