Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's probably just hedging their bets -- they're starting out planning for just one season in case it doesn't go beyond that, but if the ratings are good and they can make more money by doing a second season, then they certainly will do a second season. Although if some of the shows do better than others, we may not get renewals for all four. Maybe one would be cancelled and another would take its place in the next season.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

At the same time, would you save Elektra for a hypothetical second season that may never come? I could see saving Typhoid Mary (although it would be a shame) or someone like that, but I can't see not having her.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if Jennifer Garner said that she would pick up the role after she's given birth later this year?

Just because a different company made her Daredevil movie, it doesn't mean that Jenny still couldn't play Elektra again, as long as she doesn't reference her previous movies in any way.

4. Alidar Jarok

I'm not sure I want Jennifer Gardner. I have nothing against her, but also no reason to want her. She didn't particularly impress me (these sentences describe the movie as a whole, come to think of it).

5. Christopher

There's no way in hell that Marvel is going to want to remind audiences of the unsuccessful Daredevil and Elektra movies by casting Garner. They're going to want this to be a clean break.

Besides, Garner is 41 now. Given Hollywood's double standards, I doubt they'd be willing to cast an action/romantic lead older than her early 30s.

6. Guy Gardener

1. Thank you for giving me this woman. After I've scrubbed all the Affleck off her, she'll make a fine addition to my house hold.

2. Daredevil was terrible, Elektra was meh, but I loved Alias.

7. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If it works, Series 2 might be:
    Daredevil
    Power Man & Iron Fist
    Punisher
    Elektra

and then if they wanted to bring things full circle, they could bring some back for a future set of shows:
    Blade
    Jessica Jones
    Deathlok
    Heroes For Hire

It could all be based on what stories they want to tell too.

8. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Power Man and Iron First get some good kid-recognition by being regulars on Ultimate Spider-Man.

9. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, but I'm not sure if these Netflix series will be particularly kid-friendly.

Now that I think about it, they could take a future set of shows away from New York.

Something like:
    Runaways
    War Machine
    Wonder Man
    Moon Knight
    culminating in West Coast Avengers of course.

10. Christopher

How about a Misty Knight/Colleen Wing series? Or heck, how about Ms. Marvel? Kamala Khan is a brand-new character, so I'm sure Marvel retains the rights to her.

11. Alidar Jarok

Sure, then watch Alias and hire someone else for Elektra. Should they hire an actress with an accent (maybe a Greek actress)? I've never really thought about it much, but she is apparently Greek.

12. Guy Gardener

Punisher and Elektra are sleeping together in Thunderbolts.

Deadpool is all moody about this because he loves her more than frank and (he thinks) that no one has noticed that his love for Elektra is bigger, truer and more worthy than Franks.

Do you ever wonder about Black Widow in the Marvel movies?

Why is she speking with an Ameican accent?

Is that just becuase it's how she was taught, and it's no big deal, or is she continuing to program her teammate's subconciouses that she is as trustworthily American as the rest of the group?

13. Alidar Jarok

I take it as part of her espionage training to fit in. I pretend her Russian accent is, of course, flawless as well (I have honestly no idea its quality). But she's a spy, so it makes more sense.

14. Christopher

In Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Black Widow (voiced by Vanessa Marshall) used an American accent as a SHIELD agent and a Russian accent when she (apparently) defected to HYDRA. I think the version of Black Widow on Iron Man: Armored Adventures has an American accent, but I don't recall for sure.

15. Guy Gardener

And Ditto for Elektra's accent too.

16. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

According to recent rumors, "Ms. Marvel" is going to be the title of their Captain Marvel movie, either because they don't want two "Captain" franchises or because they know DC is working on a "Shazam" movie. So if they want to do a Kamala Khan show/movie as well, they might have to come up with a different title.

17. Guy Gardener

Sales would have to be through the roof for them to use Kamala... Unless they sorted out the character in Hollywood first, who then instructed Marvel that this was the character they had to introduce foundating the character, so that the the Suits in Burbank could put "From the Hit Marvel Comic" in the blurb on their movie poster.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

What do we know of her background in the films? Is she a former Russian spy who now works for the Americans? Is she an American of Russian descent? Does she sound like Natasha Fatale when she talks to herself?

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

We know from Avengers that Black Widow is a known element within Russian circles. Her "captor" makes reference to, paraphrase, "...that the Black Widow is nothing more than just a pretty face". Indicating she has some reputation but to what extent is unknown. I'd wager that reputations was earned while she worked for a Russian Black Ops outfit.

Natasha while "interviewing" Loki says, "I'm Russian, or I used to be regimes come and go..."

While talking to Hawkeye and he's talking about being "unmade" that he feels like his brain was scooped out and replaced and turns to Natasha and says, "You know what that feels like?" to which she responds, "You know I do."
    Fairly certain she's referring to the Russian brainwashing/training.

20. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

In Captain America 2, she mentions being a former KGB agent, which is strange, because if I remember her age correctly, she would have been 7 years old when the KGB stopped existing. Although maybe the KGB of the MCU stuck around a bit longer...