Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

please hammer don't hurt 'im

2. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Actually Cap's supposed to be one of the few in the Marvel Universe who can pick up the hammer. I'm hoping by the end of the movie he'll have proved himself worthy.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I loved the look on Thor's face too when Cap had his turn at the hammer and it budged slightly.. if anyone in the room there was worthy it would be him (and Black Widow passing on the attempt too was hilarious).

That short scene really hit home how they are a team and have become friends.. just hanging around, knocking back some beers and having a good time.

I'd say for those who thought the trailer was too dramatic they only need to see that scene to know there will still be a heart to the film and humor just like in the first one.

Very excited for next May! :techman:

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

yeah, that was worth the future price of admission.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Both the "I'm shitting in my pants now" look on Thor's face and Black Widow's "Nope, I'm good" comeback were fantastic, as was Tony's and Rhodey's poor attempt in lifting the hammer. :lol:

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'll have to watch it again but I didn't notice much of a reaction from Thor when Cap nudges Mjolnir. His smile falls a bitbut given that he got any purchase on it should have gotten more of a reaction from Thor and the others.

Still looks like a fun scene and maybe the movie itself will have more. But it's nifty to see them all hanging out, drinking beers and having fun. The lighting and mood of the scene is great and there's something nifty about the "squeak" Mjolnir makes when Cap moves it.

7. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

The Thor of Norse mythology is a grade A ****head anyway, as is his dad. Not being able to lift his hammer should be a badge of pride.

I'm with Stark on this, at any rate. ;)

8. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Natasha forgoing the test of Mjolnir smells so much of set-up. B-)

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Natasha is just being smart, not embarrassing herself like all those male team members trying to pick a magically infused hammer. :lol:

10. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or the simple punchline to a joke in that scene.

The set-up was with Cap, I think, if at all.

11. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    So then, do we foresee a climax in which the defeat of Ultron is achieved because Cap eventually manages to lift Mjolnir and wield it? Is this scene some foreshadowing, or just a bit of fun?

12. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could be either or.

He certainly won't have a shield to use (judging from the trailer), so a hammer may do in a pinch.

13. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I had the same thought especially because of the Shield.

That small scene in the trailer where Cap is apparently the only one even affecting the hammer and Thor's disbelieving look might just be a wink at the viewers that bigger things may follow.

I'm also curious about the shield itself because it might be a lead in to Black Panther itself as the shield is made of Vibranium and Wakanda, Black Panther's home, is the biggest source of it.

We'll see.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

My theory is that the shield gets destroyed by Ultron at the end of Avengers 2, and Cap is given a new Vibranium shield by Black Panther at the very beginning of the Captain America 3.

That or the whole broken shield thing is just a fake out, and from a dream or hallucination.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

<<So then, do we foresee a climax in which the defeat of Ultron is achieved because Cap eventually manages to lift Mjolnir and wield it? Is this scene some foreshadowing, or just a bit of fun? >>

That actually sounds pretty awesome.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'd look for the payoff to occur during the Infinty movie(s) more than in Ultron.

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it does happen I would guess it would be in a moment of not thinking about it. He is down, reaches out for anything and throws.. and it's the hammer.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I love how we have pretty much written out what happens already in the next Avengers movie in our minds. :lol:

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

In the trailer with the hammer pulling scene at the beginning, who's the woman in the blue dress sitting to Natasha's left and Thor's right? She's only seen from the side in one long shot when they're all laughing, and it's not Natasha or Hill.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't know.

Here's the clip

I only could see her briefly 50 seconds in. From there, it could be anyone.