Thunderbirds Are Go - 2015 Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain_Amasov, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I would have liked to have seen the smashed models from Thundebird 6 given new life.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode today.

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Bumped to ep12.

Ep11 was good. Love how they use science to solve the problems/explain the situations. Great show for young children.

5. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Let's not kid ourselves... this show is great for all of us and the child in us that remembers this from way back when. :)

6. Candlelight

The Thunderbirds toys I placed a pre-order on just shipped! They'll be here Monday or Tuesday of next week.

My kids will be so happy, they've gone gaga over the series and we've been worried about the toys arriving in time for their birthday in mid-July (release dates have fluctuated between June 30 and July 31).

Getting Thunderbird 1 and Thunderbird 2/4 toys. May get Thunderbird 3 at some stage. Neither of the boys are too interested in her, but she was always my favourite... :)

7. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Though at 20g and John is a pulpy mess on the floor and I'm not sure where they fit all the cable of the space elevator.

That said the space elevator is a nice touch. They are sometimes featured in books but don't recall any on screen representations.

Finally, does anyone know if physical models are used for the thunderbird vehicles? The guide wheels on tb5's Gravity ring caught my eye and wondered if it was an interesting design touch or needed as part of the model design.

8. Candlelight

Didn't Star Trek Voyager do one in their third year?

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

So that's the end of this run then? No more new episodes until fall 2016? Damn.

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to Wiki, we get a break until the fall and then another 13 episodes. Then the second season of 26 starts in autumn of 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbirds_Are_Go_(TV_series)

TaG will have more individual episodes than the original, but less overall run time (52 x 22 minutes here; 31 x 50 minutes + movies then). I've quite enjoyed what we have so far, here's hoping for more, lots more!

Mark

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

That's good. I got the feeling with the most recent episode that we were ending the first series (since all of the crew worked together minus Kayo). I'm hoping the next batch start to explore the Hood and what happened to Jeff Tracy.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The question is will we see any more remakes of original episodes? And a slightly related question which episodes if any would we like to see remade?

13. Mark_Nguyen

I'd like to see "The Impostors" remade. IR is the kind of organization that would have imitators (or wannabes), and I'd like to explore that in the modern sense.

And of the first half of this season, there was a a definite sense of "Kayo-who?" going on. Methinks her absence from almost everything thus far - and no real appearance of TB-S to boot - suggests to be that her inclusion was relatively late in the game and they haven't figured anything to do with her just yet. She has a direct link to the Hood AND her own fancy machine, and she's barely been used at all.

Mark

14. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. :techman:

Also, I do like the production design of this new TAG series, i.e., Tracy Island and the Thunderbirds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

15. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Call me old school but I prefer the original design of TB2, the only real one to have improved is TB5

16. Stephen!

17. Mark_Nguyen

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Stephen, you are bad and you should feel bad!

Mark

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Looks good.

19. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

It does and was it me or did the shuttle at the beginning look like the starship in Galaxy Quest?

20. Stephen!