Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Oh, I thought that was a rumor (that the saves carry over). Nice, Xbox it is.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

My PS3 copy is downloading from the PSN store at the moment... 99% to go. ;)

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And that's why I had mine sent to work instead of my house - it's been sitting at my desk, taunting me, for the last hour...

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well, just picked up my copy of the collectors edition and have started to download the DLC. In what must truly have been a sign from the gods I have managed to get the next 3 days off from work. I'll see you folks when I'm done taking back earth ;)

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Everytime I pre-order a game on Amazon, I don't get it until a week after it comes out. Is that because I'm using free shipping?

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yup. If you pay extra, you get the release day shipping or some such

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I didn't have to pay for release date shipping for my copy of the collector's edition.

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I guess you got lucky?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200180350

9. PsychoPere

Since that FAQ says "shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item," Amazon must have been leaving off the charge when I preordered my copy. (I'm not an Amazon Prime member.) I guess I was lucky indeed!

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I have Amazon Prime, so I get free release day delivery. Well, it's technically not free, since I pay a yearly fee, but I save more than the fee by not paying shipping on anything (I use Amazon a lot :ouch:), so it's worth it. :D

The only problem is my copy still hasn't arrived yet! :scream:

11. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a prime member, too. I buy a lot through amazon, so I've ended up saving a ton on shipping, even when I use the one day option.

I've been migrating my gaming back to the PC, so I picked this up for Origin (paid through amazon, though. :p). I put in a hour or so before going to bed last night, and then another hour this morning. I bought the first two games off of Steam during a sale way back when, but never really touched them until a week or so ago when I started a new playthrough to import to ME3. I used the comic for the decisions in ME1, just because I had never seen it before.

I'm somewhat torn so far. We've been given more choice back in leveling, and in weapon customization, but now Shepard runs his mouth continuously with very little input from me. I was hoping that was just going to be the case for the demo, but most of the interactions I've had have been similarly automated. To be fair, a lot of what Shepard says, like "I should go" doesn't really need to be selecting from a dialog wheel, but I find I'm having a hard time feeling as connected to what's going without me being in more control.

Other than that, I'm loving the game and looking forward to seeing the payoff from the previous two games.

12. PsychoPere

My copy just arrived. While the various pieces of DLC download and I install the game to my Xbox's hard drive, I'm continuing to watch the special features on my Game of Thrones Blu-ray copy. The narrated illustrations detailing the history of Westeros are pretty damn cool.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I'm now about two hours into the game... so far it's totally awesome. :D

14. PsychoPere

I've just reached the Citadel, and have noticed what Garrett referred to re: automated dialogue interactions. I'm hoping that's just the nature of the early portion of the game, and that more choice will start being presented soon. Other than that, I'm having a great time just as expected from the past two games.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I was picking my dialogue choices just fine... maybe you're playing the game in action mode or whatever it's called?

16. PsychoPere

Nope, my narrative option is set to Full Decisions, and I am making my own choices during dialogue interactions - but, like Garrett observed, it feels like I'm presented with choices less often in conversations than during the first two games.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Aha, I see what you're saying.

18. PsychoPere

You replied too damn quickly; I was just about to come back and edit that post. ;)

I just ran into an old friend on the Citadel, and I was presented with dialogue choices for almost every time Shepard needed to say something, so it looks like perhaps the frequency of choices is on an increase.

19. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Its funny, because I feel the same exact way. Its good to hear the rate of choices picks up though. The reviews also say there are plenty of choices so I guess it just rail roads you in the begging

20. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. It looks like I spoke too soon. There's quite a few dialogue choices opening up now.

Has anyone played the DLC missions yet? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick it up.