Trolling with Crafts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Jun 18, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/tonight-in-things-i-did-not-know-before-513650758

I loved this. I've often thought it would be great to do a cross stitch sampler with one of the more awful bible verses on it. Perhaps one that starts off benignly..

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day,
    a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
    Exodus 35:2

And have a nice little crosstitch holy spirit dove under it.

Anyone have any "so I made this thing.. and it pissed people off mightily" stories?

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I wonder if she's embroidered Tucker's Law onto a tea towel? :lol:

3. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

That is awesome! You must do this.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I should do that one and then if anyone wants me to cook anything or do any other my domain stuff on Sunday I'll just point to it and say, "do you want me dead?"

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Those of you who are familiar with the Cub Scouts would know about the Pinewood Derby. They're little cars carved from a block of pine and raced on a track with an incline.

Well, when I was a kid I was a huge fan of Star Wars (still am), so I got it into my head that I would make a car that looked like an X-Wing fighter.

Now, if you know what an X-Wing fighter looks like, it has a little flared section around the nosecone. And toward the back, it has a couple of bulges where the engines go. Also, this was a car so there were no wings to speak of. So, carving not exactly being my strong suit, the cuts were not exactly precise or small, leading to somewhat exaggerated features.

So, when all was said and done, from the top my Pinewood Derby car turned out looking quite a bit like a penis with racing stripes, which got some laughter from the crowd.

6. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Not my own craft but I suppose you guys all know that Mars Rover Curiousity's art is a bit dubious.