Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for sharing! :)

One of my girls just saw part of the video and went nuts :lol:. She was trying to get to my laptop's screen to get at the birds. And she started purring. So now I guess I'll have to get her one of those videos for them.

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Aww I'm glad other kitties are enjoying it! It's nice that someone went to the trouble of filming that and posting it online.

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holly (the black and white one) was unfortunately hit by a car and passed away. I genuinely loved her. I'm devastated. I know people will say that's why you should keep your cats indoors but talk like that won't help and I live in a nice quiet suburban neighborhood but accidents happen.

4. Kestra

I'm so sorry for your loss.

5. Shazam!

I know everyone loves their pet but she was such a loving cat with no bad bones in her body. She will be missed greatly.

6. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

So sorry to hear, It's also my nightmare scenario, because; no, you shouldn't keep, what is essentially a wild animal, locked up indoors!

How's the other cat taking it?

7. Shazam!

A little subdued but generally okay. They never really got on, with the big black one being a bit of a bully to the much smaller Holly but they were just starting to bond.

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Not to start something, but cats aren't wild. they have been somewhat domesticated for millennia and especially if there aren't any small cats native to the area. outdoors cats has been a disaster for the local birds in many places.

Anyway, to Shazami, I wish you the best through those difficult days.

9. Kestra

We should probably table the indoor/outdoor cat talk.

10. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread makes me so sad that I'm allergic to cats. :( Don't ever stop posting sweet kitty pictures! :adore:

11. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

true that, but I was trying to say something like: compared to dogs they are primeval :p

12. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yes, Cats retains some of …"wildness" compared to dogs, since they were mostly left be to eat the rats and another vermin for most of these millennia.

But like Kestra said, Let it go as it isn't helping.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Pets become like family members and it's really hard when one passes away.

14. Shazam!

Yeah, it's been (and still is) really hard. We took her in as a stray and I'm glad to say that I never took a moment of her existence for granted. She was the first thing I'd see whenever I got home and the last thing I see whenever I left. She slept on my bed every night and on chilly evenings would get under the duvet : ) She was such a small cat that she could slip under there unnoticed and I'd wake up in the morning with her under the covers by my side : D

I was away when it happened and it's eating up that I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most. My housemate was with her though, stroking her as she passed so at least she wasn't alone.

I miss her a lot. She was my friend.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  15. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I'm so sorry for your loss, Shazam.

16. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Shazam, so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about our pets being our friends. I still miss my Mycroft all the time since he passed away from cancer about a year and a half ago.

17. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With the thread mourning Shazam's loss, it might be too soon to discuss a somewhat amusing feline incident I indirectly witnessed this weekend.

Sincerely,

Bill

18. Shazam!

Heh, nah, go for it : )

19. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks! I didn't want this to end up being one of those "Too soon?" situations.

Anyway, Saturday as I puttered about the house, I thought I heard something outside, a cat, possibly two. Then I realized it wasn't really "outside", but rather from the crawlspace beneath the house! It was weird because I could hear them almost clear enough to create the illusion they were inside my house, merely in another room. They growled at each other and periodically shrieked! They were either fighting, or...well, ahem, mating! Yeah, I know how they behave and sound when the female is, er, "receptive", so it was a good possibility it was the latter.

Hopefully if it was a breeding encounter, the female won't claim the crawlspace for her den when she comes due. :wtf:

Sincerely,

Bill

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My, aren't we looking thin today...

[​IMG]