Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Servo, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I get ya.

Even the $40 price is pushing it.

To be fair, I'm sure there'd be many fans who would make a fuss if 343 did significantly alter the game. Just look back at the reactions to the Star Wars Special Editions. ;)

That's unfortunately true.

I can understand where you are coming from. A lot of people probably judge it mainly just for what is there in the game, rather than what could be.

Can't argue with that. :techman:

True. However, I still consider the game being faithful to the original as a positive thing at least to some degree.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

will they nerf the shotgun?

3. Chris3123

Nope. Gameplay is going to be exactly the same. The only difference in the campaign is a graphical overhaul and cleanup of the audio.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Which is an often overlooked biggie in the feature list of Halo: Anniversary, even among fans of the original game.

Especially when it comes to the oftentimes completely hilarious banter of your Marine companions; better audio quality = more fun :techman:

5. Chris3123

As of August 2, Bungie is no longer in control of Halo.

The final ViDoc:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtG6--4r_qk[/yt]

6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why use the Reach AR, and not the H1/2/3 AR?

It's not used by the UNSC Marines, just the Army. Oh yeah, and Army troopers. Nice continuity, 343.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Why exactly do you need an Army in space, anyway? Can't you just have Marines stationed at the planetary installations?

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As I understand it, the Army are for standing garrisons only, wheras the Marines see shipboard/space/offensive service. It's silly, but the term "Marine" is silly in space, so it's only double silly.

Regardless, all the weapons redesigns for Reach were justified away by Bungie as those weapons being the ones used by the UNSC Army, wheras the trilogy weapons are the ones used by the Marines.

9. Chris3123

If you are referring to the gameplay footage I posted a while back, I should have clarified that it's from a pre-alpha build of the game. As such, we shouldn't assume that what we see is reflective of the final product.

10. Chris3123

Some Halo Anniversary stuff.

Video demonstrating the "Grunt Funeral" skull (only available as a pre-order bonus):
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfNBCHYHFE[/yt]

Original vs Anniversary sound comparison - Magnum:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9D7lxyG3Q[/yt]

Original vs Anniversary sound comparison - Needler:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LAohqD8jw[/yt]

Original vs Anniversary sound comparison - Plasma Rifle:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wp4RXWo3C4[/yt]

Original vs Anniversary sound comparison - Rocket Launcher:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhfA6y7yyEk[/yt]

11. Commander Vaughn

Commander Vaughn Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm actually really looking forward to picking this up, only for the nostalgia factor. Halo was my first console FPS back in the day, and reliving those memories should be fun.

Do I begrudge Microsoft for making money off me? Nope. It's what they do.

12. Cmndr J Crichton

Cmndr J Crichton Commodore Commodore

Im getting both of these games! I playing 3, ODST, Reach and Halo Wars again cause of it! I love the graphical switch option. It really shows how pain-stakingly acurate they were in re-creating this game, and not going fot a Goldeneye type re-make. The remake looks incredible,very much looking foward to Halo 4! I hope that Halo 2 is re-made in a similar fashion, so the whole saga can be on the 360!

I realize you can play 1 & 2 on hard drive enabled systems, but Still, it would be awesome.

13. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

It's kinda impossible to NOT be faithful when your using the exact same game engine and code, they've just overhauled the graphics and added in some terminals. That's about it I think.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[videos snipped]

Thanks for posting, Chris :techman:

Looking forward to playing some of it online! Can't wait!

15. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

My only question is will they fix the bugs that gamers actually used during the game? Specifically the reload cheat. I actually hope not, I'd like my Halo 1 experience to be identical to what it was before only with better graphics, complete with the over powered pistol, super-sized rocket explosions, and reload cheat.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

They were pretty adamant when asked about gameplay related changes - there are no changes.

Whether that will be true remains to be seen. So far, I'm pretty much hopeful they'll only touch the gfx, sfx.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

what's the reload cheat?

18. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

In the X-Box version (I assume it's in the PC too, but I've never played it there) with the Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Pistol, and Rocket Launcher, you press the reload button as soon as it starts reloading you pickup another weapon (and drop that one) you will hear it continue to reload itself on the ground, once that finishes reloading itself if you pick the weapon back up it will have both reloaded AND not have used a clip.. effectively giving you infinite ammo so as long as there are guns laying around to swap with and you have at least one spare clip in the gun to begin the reload process.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Never played Halo before, but picked up Halo 3 in a charity shop for £1 yesterday...

(They had Endwar as well, but strategy games don't interest me)

20. Chris3123

Halo CE Anniversary is out now.

They did a really good job. Everything looks positively amazing. The ability to switch back and forth from the new graphics to the old on the fly is a really nice feature.